Sunday, December 26, 2010

Me? Or You? I Think it’s YOU!

Well, Christmas weekend just zipped by, didn’t it!  It was a great weekend here at Pigtown Design, with lots of time spent with family and friends, and a little bit of time home alone. Merry Christmas, Everyone![2]I was recently accused by a commenter of using the blog as a self-promotion. She kindly informed me that she thinks that I am gloating and shallow, and that it is “all about me”. Poor dear, she is misinformed. 

My blog is all about you, my wonderful reader. I work every day to think of things that will interest you, educate you and hopefully, amuse you. Everything I write is with you in mind. If I was doing this just for myself, it would be private.

Without Pigtown*Design, how would you ever have known about the amazing DeBois Textiles, home to incredible and inexpensive, top-of-the-line fabrics? And a treasure trove of vintage clothes! I discovered DeBois Textiles in January and shared it with all of my readers. The morning after I revealed the location of DeBois, a number of readers were lined up waiting for them to open. People still go there and tell them they found out about DeBois on Pigtown Design. 02-15-10 007 Without Pigtown*Design, who would have commiserated with me as we suffered through weeks and weeks of snow, eventually totaling 108 inches, in a place that closes schools for a mere dusting!  It was so wonderful to be able to keep communicating with people from around the world while I was hunkered down for days on end.02-06-10 018 Without Pigtown*Design, far fewer people would have known about the talented John Gutierrez, a metal artist in Baltimore and brother of my best college friend, who died too young at age 45. Your kind comments and thoughtful words helped both me, and John’s friends and family during a difficult time. 3-1-10 042 Without Pigtown*Design, it wouldn’t have been half as much fun to find two Hermès scarves when I was out “poking around” looking for fun things for my Etsy shop. I knew that my blog friends would understand the excitement I felt finding such a treasure.Granny in her fave Hermes-scarfOver the past few years, I’ve received more than 11,000 comments. This is not including the ones that are spam, and the very few I’ve deleted, like Miss Unpleasant, whose input does not elevate the conversation. I consider this blog a dialogue between me and you. I look forward to writing these 1100+ posts, and to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

Yes, sometimes, it’s about me, but to my mind, it’s really all about you. So thank you very much for allowing me into your life to share mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment