Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Skin Food Sugar Cookie Blush

Here's another blush review from Skin Food Sugar Cookie Blusher Shade #3 Bebe Lavender. The product formula contains crushed pearls and is a lovely shade of  lilac but the blusher failed to impress me, I was very disappointed when testing it. The powder is super dry! Forget about using a soft brush because you will not be able to pick up any pigment at all. After using every blush brush I own I finally had to use a eye shadow brush with thicker bristles to get any of the powder to stick to the brush head. When that task was finally accomplished the color itself only shows up as a pale whitish shade a smidgen on the chalky side but that can be taken care of if blended properly. It's definitely not a blush but a poorly pigmented subtle highlighter. I finally found a use for it as a base on and around my eye bone area brightening up the skin somewhat. I can't see this working for any other skin tone but a very pale one, any other tone it either wont show or it will come up as chalk The only cute thing besides the packaging was the little angel motif stamped on the powder but as you can see in the photo it's gone after vigorously rubbing the product with brushes to get the powder to stick. Too bad.. really hoped the lavender color would show up as a nice sheer shade on my cheeks. You live and learn... Glad to be your guinea pig-testing it for you so you wont have to waste your money because that's what I'm here for. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability:Skin Food Website Blusher 9 gram compact
Ebay: $10 depending on merchant + additional ship fees

No comments:

Post a Comment