Thursday, December 30, 2010

Urban Decay UrbanGlow Moonshine

click to enlarge

Finally! Today I'm wearing this little Urban Decay UrbanGlow Highlighter gem and ready to post my review. This is another item that was just sitting in my little beauty basket screaming out to me in vain use me use me Maria. Some days I'm pressed for times, some days I feel blah not in the mood to try anything (I know, it's unthinkable!) Without further adieu here are my thoughts on yet another highlighter added to my collection this year and if I must say so the best one I purchased. I swear I could light up every Broadway & film entertainer from here to Hollywood with the highlighters I own. Don't think I'm not aware over spending on makeup products is a shameless disease...hey, it's better than crack,right?  The shade I purchased was in Moonshine & as you may already know by now I'm addicted to any shade that has the word moon on the packaging due to this color family meshing well with my pale yellow based skin. To my surprise it's a different shade altogether on my skin than I had expected but lovely none the less. In the pan it appears to be a very pale shell pearl but when applied to the skin it's a bit on the pale pink side with some very subtle purplish shifts in the creamy formula. But that dissolves away once you rub it into your skin as your just left with a bare flush glow. In the swatch I made above I purposely left it sitting on my skin without rubbing it in so you can get a sense of the color. This is a very cool tone creamy pearly highlighter but without the glitter just light pats of shimmer which gets captured under bright lights. The consistency of the formula is super silky and a bit on the oily side to the touch but when worked into your skin it's not greasy at all but rather very moisturizing. Perfect for dry temperature climate or for those of you with dry skin. A wonderful winter highlighter as it gives you a radiant glow with pearl powder in it's formula while moisturizing you skin at the same time. There really isn't a scent to this product and no irritations were experienced by me. I also love the packaging! A little round purple  mirrored compact almost an inch and a half in diameter with a gold skull image on top. It's 5 grams in weight which isn't that much for the price and they offer no refill which is rather annoying because Urban Decay makes some gorgeous compacts that you cant' get yourself to throwing out after it's used. As a matter of fact I think I subconsciously don't use up my Urban Decay products because I'm afraid I'm going to have to throw the compact out. Urban Decay if your reading this, more product & offer refills. Other than that it's a cute and necessary stash for your makeup bag. In other news I was given another bloggie award  from Dahl over at The Arc En Ciel blog and have to answer seven things about me which I believe I have done like five times now and don't know what else to say about me Lol! but I will  post it when I get a chance. Of course I also have all my Christmas loot to post about,I got some things I wanted for so long that were nice surprises and will do a few posts on them after the holidays. Oh, and before I forget... As you can see I fixed my font for everyone and I'm hoping it makes you guys happy as I really tried to tweak it a few times before and you'll have to excuse me the font was just right for my eyes before as it seems too big for me now. It's not my fault I have sharp cat eyes ^.^ seriously I had no idea I was blinding everyone before. But I want to keep my members happy and hope no one else brings this up again  for the millionth time as it seems to be a fairly decent readable size, right? Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Urban Decay $24

No comments:

Post a Comment