Sunday, December 3, 2006

Blessing and Adjutorium

The Coolest Blessing I've Ever Heard:
The poor shall eat, and be filled,
and those who seek the Lord shall praise Him.
Their hearts shall live unto ages of ages.
The above reminds me of one from the Wild Goose Community of Iona:
God bless to us our bread
And give bread to all those who are hungry
And hunger for justice to those who are fed.
I think I'm going to start using one or more of them in conjunction with this prayer:
Blessed are you, Lord God, King of Creation,
for the food you bring from the earth:
Praised and blessed be your holy Name!

The blessing of the five loaves and the two fishes
that the Lord shared with the five thousand,
the bounty of the King who made the sharing
come upon our food and all who share it.
This is the adjutorium in Old English
Wes, drihten god, deore fultum;
beheald, drihten, me, and me hraðe syððan
gefultuma æt feorhþearfe.

No comments:

Post a Comment