So I had this idea to like maybe start a discussion page where instead of doing just reviews people could post their own opinions about topics of interest related to the fashion and beauty world as well as whatever interesting topic I might share on this blog. I only ask that you not use any foul language or any religious remarks.We'll see how this idea takes hold and grows but in the meantime here is my first post in what I now call my Girl Talk Forum which involves Lady Gaga with dangerous contact lens as a beauty trend.In the future I will be adding new discussions and tagging them as single posts but I have added a display image in my side bar so you can just click on the "talk" image to find each new discussion more easily.I can't wait to read everyone's opinions on different matters so let's get started.I'm sure you guys have all heard about this since it's all over the web but if you haven't then let me tell you what madness loopy Lady Gaga is stirring up this time. Apparently her video for "Bad Romance" features Lady Gaga wearing cartoonish Bambi-esque contact lens that are all the rage in Japan in the world of anime but the controversy is the health risk it may impose on your eyesight. Doctors warn there is a danger to serious eye damage as well as possible blindness not to mention it is very illegal to purchase or sell cosmetic contact lens without a valid prescription. While I'm the first person to be open for daring looks I actually am going the opposite way with this trend because well I'm touchy to an extreme about my eyes and um! let's see I enjoy the sight God had graced me with. What do you guys think? Should Lady Gaga think about things like this before she promotes it as part of her image because no matter what you feel about her she is extremely influential right now. Women started naming their babies after her which for me is tacky but okay whatever floats your Gaga boat.Celebrity obsession has gotten way out of hand people.Celeb adoration is natural but do you guys think we cross a line when we follow the strange and the eccentric artists down the rabbit hole while handing over control of our emotions when it will never ever be reciprocated in like? No one really benefits from celebrity adulation but the celebrity,right? I mean I was a super duper Madonna fan since I fell off of my bed that first moment her "Borderline" video popped up on Video Beat Box 33 in New York but I wouldn't want to harm myself over her or wouldn't want any daughter of mine to do the same over a celeb trend.Or maybe you guys are thinking just shuuut up Maria, they are just contact lens! Well either way I'm sure glad I have my own natural googly eyes... Opinions anyone?
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment