shadowblast sticks in the package
shadowblast sticks unwrapped
From left:#815-Bronze Fire-#825 Tempest Blue-#810 Purple Plume-#820 Citrus Flair-#800 Onyx Smoke- #805 Silver Sky.Each color number represents two shades-the lightest one is the highlighter or base color.
Finally my review for the CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eye Sticks! This is that one CoverGirl item sent to me that I have been dying to try and test out more than the others.I finally used them all this week so I can share my results with you.I think I'm also getting better at swatching photos because they actually came out true to color in the snaps I shot.Let me give you some info on these shadow sticks before I post my findings:Each shadow stick is dual-ended complete with a base color-highlighter and a darker crease color which are complimentary shades so you can achieve a great bold smoky eye look with minimal effort-it's that easy! The color combination's are perfect so there's no guess work if your unsure how to get that perfect smoky eye.The clear tube they are packaged in are really clean and streamlined-there's no mess.The sticks also double as an eye tool because there are two different designed ends-two precision applicator tips-one for the base-one for lining-creasing effect.The highlighter end has the rounded shape so you can blend the color easily onto your lid.The other side is nicely tapered so you can work the color around the lash line and crease for added drama.It's virtually fool proof! Shadowblast consists of six different combination palette shades designed by makeup pro Pat McGrath so you know your getting a professional look.A suggested application tip is to use the round end tip to spread the lighter shade from your lash line to the brow bone and the tapered darker shade in your crease of your upper lid and your lash line.Each tube is numbered on both ends with a and step 1 and step 2 so you don't even have to think which shade goes on first.The formula is super creamy,highly blend-able and glides effortlessly on your lids.I had no problem blending or smudging them to my hearts content.I found that these work best with a primer although the colors will hold up for awhile without creasing if you don't use primer-still I would go with primer first.The shadows have no glitter or flecks in the formula but a very high intense sheen as you can tell from the swatch I made-they really are that vividly pigmented on your eyes.I used the thin tip to line the inside of my eyes as well,works nicely-especially when you want a little smudge in the corners.My favorite shades out of all of them-although there all amazing color combination's-are the #825 Tempest Blue #810 Purple Plume and #820 Citrus Flair.The purple plume has the wickedest rose shade and citrus flair has an awesome orange & lime combination that's so hard to find.The tempest blue is just beautiful and anything in blue or marine colors are trending like crazy now and well into fall/winter.It also happens to be my fave color.Although these combination's are already chosen for you I decided to mix and match shades from different sticks and found they worked brilliantly so if you want to play around with all six sticks,you can.I loved mixing blue and rose and the lime and blue together.In the Silver Sky-last shade in swatch,it's a really nice deep purple with the silver but I see I cut it off a bit in the photo-oops! I definitely recommend you run out and have these handy little tubes in your purse.It's so easy to just pull out of your bag wherever you are and need to go from blah! to glam! in a matters of seconds-no mess-no fuss! If you can decide what shade you want-although if your greedy like me I would grab them all-get the Tempest Blue because you will be wearing it all winter with everything.Don't be afraid of a blue shade-everyone can rock this blue! The price is the best part-under $8 woo! Loves it XOXO
Availability:mass Market Retail Outlets $7.49
Shade:Onyx Smoke-Silver Sky-Bronze Fire-Citrus Flair-Purple Plume-Tempest Blue
No comments:
Post a Comment