Thursday, August 19, 2010

Clarisonic Mia™ Skin Cleansing System -Limited Ed. Pink

the best skin cleansing brush you will ever use!

As I mentioned a couple of days ago I received a Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System in Limited Edition Pink to test from publicity and I'm ready to post my review.But before I get started I  need to type down two things-first I would like to thank Lindsey over at the Clarisonic account for the opportunity to try this fabulous skin gadget.My experience with Clarisonic products have left me impressed with the quality and results.Secondly I was so floored with the Mia in just two uses that days or weeks aren't needed for me to test it as I'm always taking my sweet time using a product before I consider talking about it but I'm ready now because this product sells itself on the first try you have at it while completely exceeding your expectations! This Mia is a new more compact travel friendly skin cleansing brush system in a limited edition pink color sold Exclusively at Sephora.Your purchase of the Pink Mia contributes to the fight against Breast Cancer. I'm listing press info below:

Set Includes: 
Clarisonic Pink Mia One Speed Brush 
International pLink™ charger for worldwide use 
Sensitive Brush Head 
1.0 oz Gentle Hydro Cleanser
*I want to mention that I was sent the Go Clear AM-PM Clarifying Cleanser in a 2.5 oz tube.
What it does: 
From the creators of the Sonicare® toothbrush comes the Clarisonic® Mia set, featuring the handy to-go sized version of the original, groundbreaking Clarisonic Brush. Sonic technology first changed the way we clean our teeth, now it's changing how we cleanse our skin. The sonic frequency moves Clarisonic's soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second, thoroughly clearing pores and skin surface. 
Here are some of the benefits this revolutionary skincare tool delivers: 
Removes makeup six times better than traditional methods.
Clears pores and reduces the appearance of pore size.
Cleanses so thoroughly that skincare products absorb better. 
Creates noticeably healthier looking skin.

Now that you have some technical stats on Mia on to my findings.When I finished charging Mia for the initial 24 hours prior to use and pressed the power button,I have to admit I was a little skeptical because the brush head seemed to be moving too slow and silent while the outer brushes didn't move at all.I figured how effective can this be? I thought it was going to work like this older model Adrien Arpel battery operated skin brush but I was completely wrong! This brush system is like no other because it works on sonic technology and while you can't see it the brush rotates back and forth at 300 times per second.Unlike that Arpel brush that did nothing for my skin.But I was willing to give it a try and wet my face,applied the Go Clear cleanser on my face and on the brush head and followed the instructions for use which are 20 seconds on your forehead,nose and chin then 10 seconds on each side of your cheeks.The Mia automatically shuts off after one minute.Simple right...one minute for better skin.I was thinking is this really doing anything? Before I get to that let me tell you about the cleanser which has the consistency of clear silk without irritating,burning or drying my skin.It's really light and fresh.I accidentally got some in my eye which made it sting a little so just watch out for that by avoiding the eye area.Also if you wear eye makeup remove by hand first before using the brush.Now back to my cleansing experience:When I started working the device on my forehead in slow circular motions I was surprised to feel how powerful the vibration felt when pressing the device flush to my skin.It appears to be slow when you just power it up but when it touches your skin you can feel how rapid the soft bristles are moving with the sensation you get on face.And the outer brushes are not supposed to move because they are there as a splash guard to keep the cleanser from getting into your eyes because of how fast the brush head is moving.I contacted customer service for more info and they explained this to me.The sensory experience you get from this device is so soothing and so invigorating that you might not want to turn the gadget off which is what happened to me.I kept at it another 2 minutes! It was like nothing I ever felt before.I'm going to have to try to remember that just one minute is needed for future reference because I don't want to wear out the battery Lol! The battery is said to have a life expectancy of  3 to 5 years which is impressive and when your one year warranty expires you can call customer service for other service options.But the real aha! moment for me was when I was done patting my face dry and touched it.My skin felt like it never has before-so soft-so smooth like newly regenerated skin! For those of you with sensitive skin no need to worry because this device is so gentle that I used it on my lips.Seriously...I did and it made my chapped lips smooth and baby soft.But for me the absolute real proof of Mia's effectiveness hit me when I looked into the mirror.I need to mention here that I have had some skin issues around my chin area due to dry patches and a couple of pesky ingrown hairs which I have been treating with abrasive irritating scrubs and exfoliators and Every single dead layer of skin was gone.I may have cried just a little with joy.If you suffer from the same issue then you know how horribly frustrating it is to clear up your skin and try to repair the slight scarring that is the end result.It feels hopeless sometimes-not to mention how expensive it can get looking for solutions and nobody likes talking about their little flaws.When I was done all I had to do was tweeze that little bad boy out which had been sooo deeply lodged into my skin for months.How many layers does Mia exfoliate? I don't know...I don't care!  I can't see myself ever going back to manual hand washing my face ever again.For a little device that is so quiet and compact it really packs a super sonic punch.If you have dry skin you really need to have this.I'm not even exaggerating in the least bit.If only two uses made my skin look and feel good I can only imagine how much better my skin surface will be with daily extended use.Even if you don't have dry skin this cleansing brush will be an investment for you.Nothing ages a woman more than dry,discolored rough skin.The price may be a little steep but if you have to sell your stuff on Ebay to get it then you must.Or if you just want to make that one purchase for the upcoming year then this is a must have because you only have one face you need to start protecting it at whatever age you are.And this morning I also noticed that my makeup went on smoother and I was able to apply less than I normally do which is great for my skin.The Mia device gave me hope that reversing your skin flaws is truly possible.I haven't been excited about something that really delivers what it promises in a long time and I want to share this discovery with everyone.Go out and purchase this,try it for yourself and share the news with all your girlfriends,sisters and mothers and strange people you meet on the train even if they think your nuts they will secretly thank you for introducing the Mia to them.You have nothing to lose because you have a 30 day full money back guarantee if you decide to return it but trust me you will not return it! You also get one full year warranty protection.Plus this pink Mia is really compact around 5 inches in height and easy to hold in your hands making it really great to travel with.There are different kinds of cleansers that Clarisonic sells for you to buy according to your own skin type and replacement brushes are available and should  be replaced about every four months.Some products are just worth having to ensure more radiant,younger looking skin which will save you the trouble and cost of having to take more harsh drastic measures in the future.I genuinely recommend that everyone try the Mia out  because you won't regret it. By the way,the Clarisonic rep.told me over the phone that this system is popular with men as well so you might want to let the man in your life know about this.Don't worry you don't have to get him the pink Mia because they have the original Clarisonic brush system in white.If anyone has experienced this product please feel free to share your findings by posting in the comment section. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability:Sephora Exclusively:Mia Sonic System Ltd. Edition Pink $149 Ships Free
replacement brush head $25 twin pack $40

No comments:

Post a Comment