Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cocktail Rings:Home Shopping Trend


Above image:Some of my cocktail rings purchased from HSN 
left to right:Akkad Prism Ring-Scaasi Purple Dome Ring-V by Eva Sapphire Ring

I have been meaning to do a post on this hot trend phenomenon but never got around to it so taa-daa! here I go.In case you haven't noticed there's been an influx of celebrity home shopping in the recent months  which can rightfully be described as a massive craze among women of all ages but even more so with a younger demographic.And with the return of luxe ginormous cocktail rings featured everywhere the Home Shopping Network & QVC is the hot spot for dazzling pieces.Wh-a-a-a-t you say? Well this isn't your mother's home shopping experience-it's a new era for an effective and convenient way of two mediums-shopping and television-merged together for the ultimate retail experience.The benefits of this form of retail therapy for starters is the obvious-convenience.Why go out when you can sit at home at any hour of the day or night with no crowds to work through.It's also one step above internet shopping because of the live experience you get with real time images,close up detailed views and all your questions on the product answered instead of wondering if what you see online is what you'll actually get.There are also far more coupons,savings and free shipping deals than with internet or in store shopping.And with big designers names bringing a more affordable line of products with a higher quality to them it makes the deal more sweeter.What's been trending like wild fire for awhile now and hasn't let up are cocktail rings-the bigger the better.All the fashion magazines I'm flipping through on new stands still feature gorgeous cocktail rings that will be carrying through into the fall/winter collections.Plus a great cocktail ring never goes out of style.Getting them on home shopping networks makes the prices far more reasonable than boutiques plus you have the added option of flex-pay.Who knew....?  I added some images of a few of my baubles below.The top photo above this post has the rings below so you can see the actual image.I didn't want to put them on my finger and photo them individually because I would be here all day! I also didn't upload all the rings I own-again pressed for time but I hope do more posts like this in the future and maybe add the rest of my collection to the blog.I didn't buy them all on home shopping just the last set below or where mentioned. XOXO


top row-last two on the right Molly Sims crystal rings in rose gold and gunmetal
Giant green floral tapestry ring from Asos 
Crystal & gold bull horn ring imported
Some of the fashion flower rings from Forever 21

Top crystal dome rings all Marc Jacobs
Huge horseshoe and bubble dome butterfly ring both Betsey Johnson
Purple & white swirl glass ring made from Venetian Glass
Lucite and Bakelite rings are all vintage
Rose gold skull ring with honeybee and crystal

 HSN rings:Sapphire V by Eva-Akkad Prism Ring and Scaasi Purple Dome Ring

Top Row:Giant Octopus Full Finger Crystal Ring-Giant Black Rose Lucite Ring-Giant Crystal Frog sitting on a Lily Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment