from left:Scarlett Pucker-Plum Pout-Nude Kiss-Wild Berry Wink-Saucy Plum
I just finished uploading swatches for CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain Pens I received to test and am really excited to share my review with you guys because this product is so cool.This product is basically a light water-based lip stain with a precision fine tip marker applicator pen.There is no other way for me to describe the lip pen but as a marker-literally it feels like your running a felt tip over your skin-right down to it's consistency which is watery to the touch.There is no cream or gloss on your lips because the formula dissolves onto your lip with a light stain and a berrylike flavored taste.And because of it's formula your lips feel bare and weightless with no stickiness or any type of residue.It's like Easter Egg dye-dip for your lips by swiping the pen on with this vibrant water solution giving you nice pop of color.Even though it's not creamy or glossy your lips still feel nice and soft with a natural looking layer to them because up close you don't see any product residue.So in a sense these are literally color markers for your lips-ingenious! I have been wearing it for an hour now and the color has not faded.I also love the Nude Kiss for a natural neutral nude lip look.The colors sent to me which I swatched in the photo above starting from left to right are #402Scarlett Pucker-#425 Plum Pout-#427 Nude Kiss-#440 Wild Berry Wink and #450 Saucy Plum.Shade 402-427 and 450 are the newly released 2010 shades available as of July.The applicator tip on the pen is a first of it's kind offered at mass retail which delivers the color precisely without any mess.I found it to be too sharp and precise around the outer area of my lips and just used my fingertips to smudge the corners while using the pen tip to blend freely all over.Having a completely refined perfect lip look is boring-just like in an eye look-smudging a bit gives that edgy natural look for me.It's a total personal preference.I noticed the stain goes on dark and then lightens as it infuses onto the top layers of your lips but the color is totally buildable.From a sheer tint to more intense color you can control the application and don't worry about layering because no matter how many times you swipe it on your lips there is no thick buildup because it's water-based.I almost liken this to a gel stain without the gel-like gloss.Some issues with this for some might be the stain settling into lips that have deep line definition or chapped dry skin.I mention this because my lip peeled a bit last night from something I ate and the color settled somewhat on this area.I'm sure this could be resolved with a conditioning lip primer or by applying lip balm underneath first.Also the lip pen seems like it may be consumed up faster because it's a fast absorbing formula much like a marker so unlike a lip pencil or lip gloss you cant sharpen or de-pot it-it's gone when it's done.Other than these minor issue CoverGirl lip stain markers are so fun to use with long lasting sweet-tasting results.I can't really describe it you have to try it for yourself.I think these are also very hip and youth oriented because of that marker like quality.I know girls love tagging stuff with markers and this is a fun way to incorporate this into your cosmetics! It's also a good value because they are like those fashionable popular Twilight Vampire lip stains but without the $35 price tag.With shade options to make everyone happy!
Availability:Mass Market Retail $7.29 10 Original Shades 3 New 2010 Shades
Everbloom Kiss-Bit of Blossom-Berry Smooch-Teasing Blush-Sassy Mauve-Plum Pout-Coy Coral-Wild Berry Wink-Flirty Nude-Cinnamon Smile
New 2010 Shades: Saucy Plum-Scarlett Pucker-Nude kiss
No comments:
Post a Comment