Friday, August 6, 2010

Day-Oh!

It was one of those days today. A lot good and a little bad. Or maybe it was the other way ‘round.

I have Connor’s best friend, Halas, here for a few days while his parents are away on a family emergency, so waking up with 150+ lbs of dog surrounding me isn’t easy… for me or for Connor!01-18 003

The first phone call I got this morning was informing me that the house I was ready to put a contract on was already under contract. That was a huge shock, since the selling agent had not indicated that there was any other interest, and the house has been on the market for more than a year.

I had coffee today with Jamie Shelman and her husband Thomas Meyer, both very talented artists and graduates of the Rhode Island School of Design. They’ve just moved to Baltimore from the island of Martha’s Vineyard. Jamie Shelman Grass Stains I’ve been e-mailing back and forth with Jamie for about two years, so it was such fun to finally put a face with the name. We had a great time, and already have plans to meet again and introduce them to some artists I know.

There was another nice media mention in our local on-line paper, The Examiner. The “Baltimore Interior Design Examiner” examined me, and I answered a few questions for her. You can read it here.

We are going to work on creating a complete picture of the Baltimore Toile, so stay tuned for our efforts on that front!

Bon weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment