Thursday, August 26, 2010

Elizabeth Arden Overnight Success Serum


This is another one of those products I used up a couple of months ago and never got around to reviewing  it so here it is.I had four medium size sample tubes sent to me of the Elizabeth Arden Overnight Success Skin Renewal Serum which lasted me a month.You use this serum as a pre-moisturizer by applying all over your neck and skin before you put on your moisturizing skin product.The company recommends that you use this in conjunction with Ardens Good Night Sleep which I reviewed & can be found here.It's supposed to amplify the effects of your moisturizer by making your skin more softer and clarified by helping regenerate skin cells.The formula is a very light marmalade like gel with a nice light floral scent.There is essence of lavender contained in this cream which works to soothe & calm the surface of your skin.It spreads quickly on your skin without a heavy oily residue but you can feel there's product on your skin when you touch your face even though it's subtle.You only need a few drops to completely cover your face area but it does flake if you add more than you should.I also felt it sticking to my pillow a little bit.It does feel a little bit heavy after you apply your normal moisturizer over it and so sometimes I would skip that process because of the warm weather.I didn't really notice a difference in clarity but I did wake up with soft skin.I also didn't experience any irritations or breakouts but I woke up with a slight oiliness on my skin.If you have severely dry skin you might enjoy this serum as an added benefit to your own moisturizer as it really does add moisture especially in the upcoming winter weather.If you have normal to oily skin you probably should skip this as would be too heavy and greasy on you.Women who suffer from the most dry skin would probably love this as an added supplement to their skin regime.It's not bad but it wasn't a product I felt I needed for my skin type plus it's rather pricey but it should last you awhile because you only need a small amount. 
Availability:Elizabeth Arden $49

No comments:

Post a Comment