Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Style Resolution:Fall-Winter 2010

Open toe booties-fur vest-animal print-new hair-red lips and focus on skin top my list

Ah! the last day of August.With September & cool weather right around the corner it's the perfect time to start thinking about all your fall/winter fashions & accessories.Squeeeeeee! Can you tell I'm happy that summer weather is going buh bye! There's nothing like the month of September when you feel a twinge of change approaching in the air.September signals that perfect transition from warm sunny days into cool gray sky's alerting you to prepare to snuggle into the most fabulous woolly sweater you can find.Those quiet lazy summer days are pushed aside by the mad buzzing rush of women stampeding  the malls & outlet centers looking for that perfect outfit to show off on that first new day back to the office.That gleeful back to school feeling isn't just for the kiddies & although we may not have glue sticks and notebooks topping our to buy list we still need to prepare for the dark winter months ahead by having a stylish game plan layed out.I don't know about anyone else but this time of the year has gotten me excited thinking about boots! All kinds of boots-my black platform boots,my white furry Sasquatch Eskimo boots,my multi-colored moon boots,my snow boots,my knee high boots,my riding boots,my seventies boots,my motorcycle boots,et cetera  et cetera et cetera... I LOVE BOOTS! I know it's a disease but I can't afford  to pay for much needed therapy. There's just something about throwing on a pair of boots & a hot looking jacket while walking outside on the coldest North Eastern windy day-it's invigorating & just makes me feel alive even if I do catch the occasional sniffles.Ever since I could remember all the little kiddies were always bundled up like abominable snow beasts in the schoolyard while I was always unzipped without a scarf or a muffler.I must have either been a picture of total cool rebellion or that weird looking girl who's parents can't afford to bundle her up to everyone who caught sight of me.I prefer to think the former not the latter of that statement because although my mother dressed me in her seventies reject clothing {which I totally find cool now} she did buy me coats-scarves and gloves.But she failed in her feeble attempt to get me to wear them muh ha ha! I just had no use for those fugly over stifling entrapment's.Being bundled gives me a feeling of claustrophobia and suffocation. So there... And if your wondering-yes this unusual trait has carried into my adult years and dare I say that I think people who bundle up afraid of the elements look ------- fill in  the blanks. So double there... Now that I shared that absolutely totally useless personal fact that I must have been reincarnated from a past life as an Eskimo I'll get to the point of this post.This is that time of year when we think about our new resolutions for the upcoming year-it's like the precursor to our New Year's Resolution and I was in the midst of thinking what new style changes do I want to make? So why not make this post as an open discussion and share my resolutions with everyone asking you lovely bloggers & non bloggers alike to share your own style changes your thinking of making in terms of fashion or beauty. As for me-I'm going to try to make a few  purchases of items which I'm not really too fond of only because it's about trying new things.Sometimes when we get fixed with what we think we like we corner ourselves into a box and so this year I want out of that "I don't like this" box. One of those items for me has been booties-open toe booties to be exact.Since I saw them last year on every one's feet from magazines,to movies to the streets-they really have unnerved me.Some of those styles were down right hideous looking even if they were concocted out of the minds of the most brilliant of fashion designers.Plus doesn't it  defy the point of wearing boots if your toes are going to pop out. Hello? Anyhow,I'm going to put my open toe foot issues aside and just go for it.Of course I'm going to have to find a decent fabulous pair of booties that doesn't look stolen from a 1940's closet. Another item that I want to try is a fur vest which is trending like crazy and I have to admit they look really hot in the fashion editorials but the last time I purchased a fur vest was during that Clueless movie phenomenon when every girl was wearing pink satin and fur which is exactly the type of vest I had & I'm embarrassed to say it came with a matching pink satin skirt.Hey I think I may still have that set somewhere. Don't judge me... Another problem with the vest for me is that well-I dislike vests.I know I know-there oooh sooo fashionable and magazine editors always include the vest on some list as an item to have but regardless they come across as somewhat unfeminine.But since they have really cool updated fur vests out in stores I might get one.And no not in pink-probably in a nice dark mixed gray or multicolor brown & most definitely not real fur because that's so not cool.As far as beauty resolutions go I'm going to try to purchase less cosmetics {yeah good luck to me with that} and focus more on skin products.I want to get my skin as close to flawlessly perfect as possible.It's not that my skin is bad now but I would like to totally erase slight discolorations and make my pores shrink into non-existence like those perky little models on covers of magazines-even if their skin is only as flawless as the airbrushing that's performed on them.It's also time for me to do something new with my hair.Last year I went completely drastic and chopped off my buttock length hair because I wanted a Katie Holmes bob cut but it didn't work out so great for me because my hair wouldn't curl for some reason at that short length making me feel weird with straight hair as my hair is naturally curly.I also had no idea it would grow so fast because it's  half way down my back again. It worked better on Katie Holmes.Although I should be happy it grew back so fast though because now I just need to figure out what to do with it-perhaps a new color? I'm always at a loss when it comes to my hair.A couple of more changes I would like to make is purchase something new in animal prints.I have a few animal print items in my closet but I stopped wearing animal prints a long time ago & since I'm seeing it everywhere I figure it would be a great time to try something fresh with that look.And lastly-drum roll-red lipstick.My obsession with nude lips have taken over my life and I can't remember the last time I purchased or wore red lipstick.So that's all I can think of  resolving to change or updating for Fall/Winter 2010. I'm including a little collage I made of what I would like to change or add to my style for Fall/Winter 2010. Now then-what's everyone else thinking of in respect to new changes? Please feel free to post your thoughts to your new fall fashion-beauty finds. BTW...I'm adding a shot I snapped with my digi of my new Harper's Bazaar August issue with C. Diaz on the cover I just got because it's awesome.I also took a snap from the inside pages showing the fall must buy fur vest craze which is part of my style resolution,even though my fake will be faux and a whole lot thriftier than any of the vests featured in the mag.You can also see some animal print items thrown in there as well. Stay beautiful. XOXO
Cameron in a $6300 Gold-tastic Versace Gown-iiiiiiight!
furs & felines for fall 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment