I finally got the Tarina Tarantino Candy Cameo Eye Dream Hypershadow in that lusting after cotton candy pink shade I wanted so badly! And the timing could not have been anymore apropos! If you recall from an earlier post of TT purple hypershadow review that I did I promised I would tell you the story of how I started a quest on finding the perfect baby pink eye shadows.And right after I get this package in the mail guess who I spot on the telly today of all days? No other than the lady who sent me spiraling into this pink madness-KENDALL.That's right-the return of Kendall Hart Slater played by Alicia Minshew on All My Children.I hate admitting this because I dislike soaps or other shows of this sort but AMC has been a secret indulgence of mine for sometime now.Before the Ken-doll character left AMC for her sabbatical they started having her wear this gorgeous baby doll pink eye shadow almost every day for months and it looked amazing on her.I never would have thought in a million years to consider any pink eye look let alone that shade of pink because of my dark hair and light porcelain skin tone but every time I saw her with those pink eyelids I became more fond of it while obsessing on it more and more.One day I was like okay she has the same skin tone as me so why not just try it.So I did and surprisingly it actually works well even more so if you want to create that perfect "romantic" eye because pink is a staple element in romantic looks. I think my dark hair added to the contrast nicely against this bubblegum tone on my pale skin.From then on I tried to get my hands on all the soft pink shades I could find which is no easy task because most pink shades out there were too dark or didn't have the right pigmentation.I found the best colors from Smashbox and a couple from Urban Decay although the UD had too much glitter for a sophisticated shade it still can be used for highlighting effect.So there you have it-how my pink eye compulsion started.I told you in my last post how rather imbecile this story is! Now onto the Candy Cameo review:this is a very lovely cotton candy pink shade that had nice pigmentation to it while being on the sheer side.I also found it definitely needs a primer application to make it last.You can control the intensity of the color by building on it.If you want a pale whitewash look or to use this as a highlighter a few swipes will do fine.It gets a darker shade with more application.I also got this to add to my Tarina Tarantino collection because I'm a huge fan and the compact is lovely.I love the Victorian Inspired Cameo packaging which has it's signature organza pouch.For all the stats on the size you can refer to the other hypershadow review by clicking here.I also received my Sephora Birthday Gift as well as a bonus cleanser and a cute temporary tattoo kit from Temptu which I might apply on my lower ankle as my birthday beauty treat.The birthday eye kit comes with a mascara,eye pencil and a gorgeous champagne highlighting eye shadow but it's so tiny-the box is like 2 inches while the products appear sample size but better than nothing I suppose.I added those photos below so if anyone is expecting a Sephora birthday goody this is what you get for this year.By the way if you can't watch AMC during the day time do what I do-tune into the Soap Network when they rerun the show at 8 pm.Also if your skeptical on splurging for brand name pink based eye shadows just grab a real inexpensive drug store brand to play around with,you just might love it! Have fun with color... XOXO
Availability:Sephora Exclusive Tarina Tarantino Candy Cameo Hypershadow $19
Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift
Temptu Temp Tattoo Kit Gift
DDF Foaming Cleanser Bonus
No comments:
Post a Comment