Monday, September 6, 2010

Is It Over?

I am not a designer or a decorator, but in reading the design/decor blogs I have learned so much. I see amazing products even before they hit the shops. I have the opportunity to get a first glimpse of fabulous fabrics and trendsetting models. I feel like reading the blogs and getting the press releases that I do, has helped move me towards the leading edge of some of the trends in interior design and decorating.

That being said, I was talking to some friends who said that something to the effect that Imperial Trellis by Kelly Wearstler is just done. Over. So 2008. Or 2009.Pillows 2-27 011But that got me thinking… is it because of the reading and research that I do as a design blogger, and that all of the other design bloggers do, that I think something’s over and done with, before almost anyone else knows it’s here?

Are the looks we see, like the heavy Belgian look that Resto Hardware is showing in every catalogue, finished by the time they’re in the catalogue? RH Barrel lamp Does something get completely dumbed down between Tiffany and Target?

Tiffany_Bamboo_Silver Target Bamboo Mirror Flatware

I would love to have your thoughts on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment