Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Brighter Complexion Skin Challenge

Avon Luminosity Pro
Serious Skin Care Detailer
Olay Regenerist products I'm still testing

If you can recall my recent post of fall style & beauty resolutions I mentioned that skin care would be a bigger focus for me and so I'm challenging myself to two new products that are getting a lot of buzz in the world of skin care as well as the Olay Regenrist line.  The first product I purchased is Avon's Anew Clinical Luminosity Pro Serum which promises to show results in three days-I'll get to this point later on. It also promises to fade dark spots,brighten your skin and smooth out the surface in four weeks because it's supposed to mimic laser treatment with a medical grade formula. The second product is Serious Skin Care Detailer which just literally launched several days ago. This product is said to be the same exact routine that celebs have done a few days before they hit the red carpet at pro salons for $150 a session to start. It is supposed to peel,brighten and tighten by removing dead skin cells. I'm going to be a guinea pig for you ladies and let you know if any change takes place and keep you updated in the following weeks. Now back to that Luminosity Serum which I already started and it's been the fourth day now and no fading of my discolorations. I should note that my spots are not that dark but there annoying and you can tell up close. I'm really sick of them and want them to go away but I'm convinced nothing will help but going to get laser treatments which I can't afford right now. I also want to mention I'm still testing Olay Regenerist products that were sent to me but since this Avon Serum is for night time only and for another skin issue it should not interfere with the Olay results which I'm almost ready to do a review on. What I have seen so far from Luminosity Pro is a bunch of dreaded breakouts! AHH! But I'm going to be a trooper and use it till it finishes which should be a month or so because the warnings on the box do mention breakouts are possible because of the strength of medicine in the formula. Hopefully they should clear up and do something to my skin. So far all I love about this product is the dispenser system which is a dream! The Detailer Kit which comes with it's own little salon mixing dish and brush will have to wait after a month when the Avon  is finished so I can get accurate results and keep track of whats doing what or I wont be able to tell head from tail of the products I'm using. I was serious about focusing on my skin this year more than cosmetics and hopefully the new year will show significant results that I'm looking for. I also started my yoga  routine and smoothie diet again after it had fallen to the waist side for summer partying. No more indulging in delicious Appletini's!  I also cut out the excess coffee in lieu of mint tea so I can cut out extra carbs with all the creamer I was using in my coffee because I don't know how to drink it straight up black-little kitty needs some cream meeoow ^;^  If I start to freak out with all this healthy crap lifestyle and lack of caffeine I'm going to need some emotional support LOL! Wish me luck and stay tuned for the details. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Avon Luminosity $44
Availability: Serious Skin Care Detailer $59.95

No comments:

Post a Comment