This eye palette isn't new but it took me a while to get my hands on as the company is London based but I finally got it! By the time I searched for this it was no longer available at the time plus I found the shipping fees to the US ridiculous but in the end I caved because I wanted it. I also purchased the "Sunset" palette and will review that when it arrives.As I'm trying to familiarize myself with all cosmetics & skincare brands this is my first experience with a Sleek Cosmetics product and so far I love it.So up for review is the Sleek Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette in Limited Edition "Circus". The packaging is cute while the actual compact is streamlined credit card thin and about five inches in length consisting of a durable plastic.The inside has a nice lengthy mirror with a dual sided smudger brush which is also lengthy and okay in quality. This case comes with twelve mineral based shadows which are a mixture of matte & sheen's. There mostly mattes with about three colors that have sheen to them. I found the shades had a good amount of pigmentation to them with the exception of the white which felt somewhat dry and hard to get a decent color transfer. It eventually shows up you just need to swipe a lot of it on. The lilac & that first hot pink in the above first row was also on the sheer side. All of the colors were easy to blend and work with except for that white. I don't understand how the other shades can blend smoothly and not that white.Isn't it the same formula? My favorite shade has got to be that lime green which has sheen to it,it almost reminds me of Urban Decays Acid Rain which I own about a dozen single compacts because it's gorgeous! it's not as wonderful as Urban Decay Acid Rain because that one is way silkier with more color variants to it but it's pretty decent. My next fave is that deep navy blue also with a sheen which is located next to the orange on the bottom row. It's a perfect rich hue for this fall. I not only wanted the "Circus" to familiarize myself with Sleek but also to have a compact with super bright & matte shades organized all in one place. I realized all my brights in my collection are pearly,glittery or have sheen to them and could always use flat matte colors. BTW-that yellow shadow has a nice deep tone but for me I would use in the crease,on the bottom lid or blended in with other colors. I wouldn't wear it as an all over the lid because it looks clownish although that's probably the point of this "Circus" palette.Let me mention that I swatched these without any primer as I usually never swatch with primer because I want you to get a sense of the color strength of the actual shades. The compact seems versatile with it's shade options,has great packaging and a decent amount of pigments with a decent formula so loving what I've experienced so far with the Sleek brand. Can't wait to get that Sunset Palette in the mail. Stay Beautiful! XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment