So here are my results for one of the products featured in my clear skin challenge of which the full post can be read by clicking here The first product in my challenge was this Avon Clinical Luminosity Pro Serum. My hopes for this new serum to work were very high but I'm sad to report that no visible reports were experienced by me after using this product religiously as directed for one full month and one week. As you recall from my mini update this serum initially made my skin break out uncontrollably for the first week of use. Ironically though no breakouts occurred on my neck or decollete area where the serum was also applied. After the initial breakouts occurred it thankfully subsided after a week. Sometimes when you introduce a new product to your skin this is a normal reaction so I wasn't alarmed but it was very unpleasant and counterproductive for my aim in achieving clearer skin. Without being discouraged much I continued with the product until it finished yesterday. The results were that I saw absolutely no results in the clarity of my skin. The slight discolorations and few sun spots were still visible. I should have been a poster child for this product because of my fair skin coloring. Dermatologists say laser treatments and skin lightening products work best and show more visible results on more fair toned skin. For me the only great thing about this product was it's delivery system. The bottle has some type of swirl mechanism that gently & slowly dispenses the tiniest amount of serum in droplet form without waste. It's fabulous! Seeing that the texture of this serum was more like a heavy silky oil just a tiny amount was needed to cover your entire face and neck area. All serums should be using bottles like this especially for foundations. Uh! I'm still annoyed with the results because this product promised to fade dark spots,brighten your skin,smooth out the surface in four weeks with a formula that mimics a laser treatment of a medical grade serum. The package states you should see results in four days which was not the case. My results were very surprising to me because the reviews on the Avon site make this out to be a miracle worker. And why no one mentioned breakouts in their reviews is beyond me. Sometimes I wonder of the genuineness of reviews on a products own site. I'm going to try to find reviews on the web which are not connected to the Avon company.I honestly don't know why my discolorations have not changed whatsoever. Can it be that others who are using this have such dark spots that even tiniest improvement shows? Did I need to use this for more than one month which by the way I had thought about but seeing that it didn't do anything I am not about to waste more money or time on a sinking ship so to speak. What I did find that my skin does feel a little bit more smooth but seeing that I'm also using Oil of Olay moisturizers I'm not sure if it's this Luminosity serum that's helping. The only thing that makes sense to me is that this works better on more mature skin with more damage which is allowing those reviewers to see actual results. My opinion,if your discolorations are slight and you have sensitive combination/oily skin skip this. It's too expensive and too irritating to bother with. Up next I'll be starting my Serious Skin Care Detailer Challenge which you can also read about in the above link of this post. until my next update on how the SSC Detailer is going my quest for clearer skin continues...
Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Avon Luminosity $44
No comments:
Post a Comment