Monday, October 4, 2010

Books on Sunday on Monday

I haven’t written about my finds at the Book Thing recently, but it’s not because I haven’t found anything great, because I have!

I can’t even hazard a guess as to how many books have been written about Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (JBKO), because there must be hundreds. Someone must have loved Mrs. O, because there were about ten books on her at the Book Thing a few weeks ago. india dress I already had some of them, and didn’t pick up the others, because, really, how much can you read about one person. One book I did grab was a funny little photograph book called The Kennedy Family Album by Bob Davidoff, the family’s photographer in Palm Beach. Kennedy Family Album The foreward is by the late Senator Edward Kennedy and there are some great personal pictures of the family, a lot of which I hadn’t seen.

A question I often ask myself is exactly how many copies of the first edition of DV, the autobiography of Diana Vreeland, does one person really need? Four? Five? DV2 I am not sure how many copies I have now, but the first person who comments can have one of them. The hardback edition…

I also found Sister, The Life of Legendary Interior Decorator Mrs. Henry Parish II. I have Sister Parish: On Decorating, so this will be an interesting read. Sister book It’s written in the style of Jean Stein and George Plimpton’s Edie An American Girl, with lots of interviews strung together.

I love the Book Thing because it’s like a big treasure hunt each time I go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment