My MAC Venomous Villains "My Dark Magic" Eyeshadow finally arrived in the mail today. Another one in this collection is on it's way as well. MAC Villains sold out really fast online but then they added it back in stock for less than a week now it's gone again. Lol! They really need to keep up with demand. The eyeshadow packaging is really nice with a large compact made of a hefty thick plastic. The graphic which covers the case of Maleficent with a crow perched on her shoulder is beautiful. It's worth the price you pay because you get 3.2 grams of product which is a lot. As for the eye shadow itself, the formula is decently pigmented and easy to blend. The color of the minerals are varying shades of dark fuchsia, purple, silvery violet and a hint of plum charcoal swirled together. The little fragments that seem really light pink hidden in the compact doesn't come up pink at all even after I tried scratching deep inside the pan with a brush.You mostly get a charcoal smoky eye with a violet shift on your lids. It's really gorgeous for a dramatic smoky Gothic-y look. My only gripe is that there was too much powder fall out when swiping the shadow with my brush. The brush I used to swatch was a lesser quality applicator so that might be the reason.The glitter in the formula is very fine and sparkly not big chunks so it's rather unobtrusive but with some sheen that gets picked up under bright lights.Other than the powder fall out I'm glad of my purchase. The shade I wanted the most was She Who Dares which is on it's way to me and I'll be reviewing that next when it arrives. You see all those shades in the swatch I made because I wanted to show the varying pigment colors from brushing different places on the eyeshadow pan. Depending on where or how you swoosh the eye brush around you can get those different colors to show up. My flash must be too bright because with other blogger swatches the pigments look richer which is the case when you handle the powder in person. I notice a lot of bloggers swatch on their fingers and not there arms which is why you see the color better. If the shadow is rubbed with your fingers it looks richer in a photo. The entire collection is sold out but I'm going to try to scour online because there were a couple more items from the Villains set that I wanted to test out. Have a great weekend & stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: MAC Cosmetics $21
No comments:
Post a Comment