Friday, October 1, 2010

Ymerodraeth Cyflwr Deddwl

Believe me, I know! It looks like a monkey hammering away at a keyboard, but it’s Welsh.  It’s actually Welsh for Empire State of Mind, the title of a great song by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. I like this NY song better than any of the others, especially Sinatra’s New York.

 I was tipped to a new version of Empire State of Mind about the small Welsh city of Newport. It is a spot-on parody of the New York version, right down to the black and white footage and the jump-cut photo montage at the beginning.

But what makes is fall-over-laughing hilarious are the words which describe some of the funnier parts of living in Wales. Luckily, the video is captioned, because it’s hard to work your way through a Welsh accent. 

Take a look:

I love clever people!

No comments:

Post a Comment