Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowtrees

I had the chance to meet David Patrick Columbia, the editor of New York Social Diary, a few months ago. I’ve been a fan of his for about six years and was delighted to meet him in person.  There’s always something interesting on NYSD, and if you’re not subscribing to it, you should!Snowtrees-smile-and-surprise-in-Central-Park_-NYCToday, as snow prepares to dump on this part of the country again, I was enchanted to see a photographic feature NYSD did about Snowtrees in New York’s Central Park. Snowtree-kitty-spots-a-canine-friend-or-foe_-Central-Park_-New-York-CityBrad Bateman, a real estate agent and artist, takes the snow and melts it in his hands, and then applies it to trees, specifically along a path in Central Park. Here he is on the left, with Lonesome Juan, and his friend, Gann Brewer.Lonesome-Juan I really love things like this that are so unexpected, so simple and yet so joyful. Snowtree-Alley-in-Central-Park_-NYC If it snows tonight, you might just see some snowtrees around my neighbourhood tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment