Sunday, February 20, 2011

Easy Bake

As I mentioned the other day, I was attending a dinner for master pastry chef, Nick Malgieri, in the spectacular kitchen of my dear friend, Julie.2-20 044 Well, it was quite an event. At the risk of sounding like the food blogger that I was, I have to tell you that all of the food bloggers who attended the dinner pulled out their best recipes to share with Chef Nick and the group!2-20 056 There were beautiful salads with grains like faro and couscous, 2-20 038and a pasta and greens salad with freshly grilled tuna fish,2-20 035 delicious broccoli with sesame seed oil and pepper, a huge assortment of gorgeous cheeses and for dessert, an incredible selection! There were black and white pepper cookies with a bourbon buttercream filling, 2-20 053 chocolate cookies with chocolate nibs, 2-20 033 puffy heart cookies, 2-20 062 a pumpkin, ginger and pecan cheese cake, 2-20 041 and of course, some offerings from Chef Nick – a bourbon chocolate cake,2-20 050 and some hazlenut biscotti with a touch of anise.2-20 051Each guest received a signed copy of Chef Nick’s newest book - Bake! Essential Techniques for Perfect Baking. This is a great book for both the beginning and experienced baker, with photographs illustrating the techniques used to make most of the recipes. I always find it a huge help to have the steps shown one-by-one. Bake_Essential_Techniques_for_Perfect_BakingI am going to give my copy of Bake! to one lucky reader. All you have to do is leave a comment and tell me what your favourite baked good is by Friday, February 25th. It can be bread or biscuits, cookies or cake, pies or pizza. If you want to link a recipe in your comment, I am sure other readers would appreciate that.

Oh, you want to know what I took to the party? Ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment