Not a new trend but lately pink along with other bright candy colored hair is popping up all over the place and the most elegant fashionable look Ive seen so far is from this fabulous spread in Harper's March issue. These ladylike pieces are absolutely gorgeous-fresh & updated for spring. Love it! Although not everyone could pull off those Mary Had A Little Lamb Lacey dress pants, they are pretty. Now back to the hair-the stylists make this look stunning on these models plus the cut works well with their faces so I'm wondering would you guys brave a look such as this? I'm asking because I'm bored to death with my brunette hair and have been wanting to dye my locks red/orange f-o-r-e-v-e-r now but always hesitate, now this comes along and I'm thinking pink! By the way every time my peepers stumble upon any shade of pink it transports me back to one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn movies-Funny Face. Come on you know the song, right? Even if your not a classic movie buff such as myself this is standard fashion studies movie material. If you have never seen this or any AH movie you should be whipped lashed on your buttocks 1000 times over! Memory doesn't even serve me trying to calculate how many times I sat staring at the screen totally indulging myself in AH kooky beautiful performance and her lovely little funny face. And the lovely Kay Thompson's divine performance in the "Think Pink" dance number. You know what movie I'm popping into my DVD later on... Seriously though, my little five year old fingers are this close to dialing up a salon for a cotton candy lock down but this means my finally growing long again hair would be on the chopping block at the mercy of those mercenary Cruella Deville stylists who foam at the mouth every time they see lengthy hair. Some of you may already know how I chopped my just touching derriere hair completely off almost a year and a half ago when that Katie Holmes Bob craze hit me and now it's half way down my back again and I vowed never to cut it short again until some hunky man decided to marry me so I'll look like Rapunzel skipping down the aisle (too much info?) lol! Should I do it? Will my hair grow back before true love finds me? Will children on the street mistake me for a Corolle Les Dollies doll or possibly a Barbie Pink Fairy? Life has so many questions left unanswered for me? Opinions? Have a great weekend, Stay beautiful! XOXO
Harper's Bazaar March issue on newsstands now
THINK PINK! IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW NOW YOU KNOW
because it's an utter crime not to have known...
MAGGIE (::calming them down::) Girls, girls, girls, girls... (::Ripping off bits of pink material she has taken from the shelf,
giving them to each secretary::) Listen: take this to all the designers; I want dresses made up in exactly this shade of pink.
Babs: take this round to Kaiser Delmont, I want shoes and stockings in exactly this colour. Laura: everything goes pink! I
want the whole issue pink; I want the whole country pink! (::Pauses::) Lettie: take an editorial: (::dramatically::) "To the women
of America...”no, make it to the women everywhere: "banish the black, burn the blue, and bury the beige! From now on
girls..."
MAGGIE.
Think pink! think pink! when you shop for summer clothes.
Think pink! think pink! if you want that quel-que chose.
Red is dead, blue is through,
Green's obscene, brown's taboo.
And there is not the slightest excuse for plum or puce
or chartreuse.
Think pink! forget that Dior says black and rust.
Think pink! who cares if the new look has no bust.
Now, I wouldn't presume to tell a woman
what a woman oughtta think,
But tell her if she's gotta think: think pink”!
WOMEN.
for bags! pink for shoes!
Razzle, dazzle and spread the news!
And pink's for the lady with joie de vive!
Pinks for all the family.
Try pink shampoo.
Pink toothpaste too.
Play in pink, all day in pink,
Pretty gayin pink.
Drive in pink, come alive in pink,
Have a dive in pink.
Go out dancing but just remember one thing:
You can get a little wink
If you got a little pink
In your swing.
MEN (::painters, with NYC accents::)
Think pink! think pink, it's the latest word, you know.
Think pink! think pink and you're Michelangelo.
WOMEN.
Feels so gay, feels so bright.
Makes you day, makes you night.
Pink is now the colour to which
you gotta switch!
MEN.
(--Do what you gotta switch!--)
WOMEN.
Every stitch!
MEN.
(--Every stitch you switch!--)
MAGGIE.
Think pink! think pink on the long, long road ahead.
WOMEN And MEN.
On the road, (--And MAGGIE--) think pink!
MAGGIE.
...think pink and the world is rosey-red
WOMEN And MEN.
(--Everything's rosey.--)
MAGGIE.
Everything on the great horizon,
Everything that you can think”
and that includes the kitchen sink,
Think pink!
WOMEN And MEN.
Think pink, think pink
Think pink, think pink
Think pink, think pink!
Babs: take this round to Kaiser Delmont, I want shoes and stockings in exactly this colour. Laura: everything goes pink! I
want the whole issue pink; I want the whole country pink! (::Pauses::) Lettie: take an editorial: (::dramatically::) "To the women
of America...”no, make it to the women everywhere: "banish the black, burn the blue, and bury the beige! From now on
girls..."
MAGGIE.
Think pink! think pink! when you shop for summer clothes.
Think pink! think pink! if you want that quel-que chose.
Red is dead, blue is through,
Green's obscene, brown's taboo.
And there is not the slightest excuse for plum or puce
or chartreuse.
Think pink! forget that Dior says black and rust.
Think pink! who cares if the new look has no bust.
Now, I wouldn't presume to tell a woman
what a woman oughtta think,
But tell her if she's gotta think: think pink”!
WOMEN.
for bags! pink for shoes!
Razzle, dazzle and spread the news!
And pink's for the lady with joie de vive!
Pinks for all the family.
Try pink shampoo.
Pink toothpaste too.
Play in pink, all day in pink,
Pretty gayin pink.
Drive in pink, come alive in pink,
Have a dive in pink.
Go out dancing but just remember one thing:
You can get a little wink
If you got a little pink
In your swing.
MEN (::painters, with NYC accents::)
Think pink! think pink, it's the latest word, you know.
Think pink! think pink and you're Michelangelo.
WOMEN.
Feels so gay, feels so bright.
Makes you day, makes you night.
Pink is now the colour to which
you gotta switch!
MEN.
(--Do what you gotta switch!--)
WOMEN.
Every stitch!
MEN.
(--Every stitch you switch!--)
MAGGIE.
Think pink! think pink on the long, long road ahead.
WOMEN And MEN.
On the road, (--And MAGGIE--) think pink!
MAGGIE.
...think pink and the world is rosey-red
WOMEN And MEN.
(--Everything's rosey.--)
MAGGIE.
Everything on the great horizon,
Everything that you can think”
and that includes the kitchen sink,
Think pink!
WOMEN And MEN.
Think pink, think pink
Think pink, think pink
Think pink, think pink!

No comments:
Post a Comment