I was in a neighbourhood in Baltimore where I’ve not been before and discovered some really gorgeous houses of the style that I like so much.They’re about the same era as the one where I was raised, or maybe a little younger. This area has similar architectural and landscape qualities to it, sitting on the edge of one of the largest urban parks in the country. Unfortunately, it’s also where everyone knows that you stash the bodies.
But it was a lot of fun to see the dozen or so houses I spotted!
I love the way the two wings on this house work with the central piece, and I love the front porch. I am a sucker for a shingle cottage style house with a porch, and the railings on this one, especially with the picket fence (in the top picture), are just wonderful.
I love the Palladian-style window with the Juliet balcony. I am curious to know whether it’s original to the house or not. Also love the stone ground floor.
This house needs some shutters and a little more pizzaz to it, but I am quite taken by the way the arch over the front door is echoed in the small eyebrow window on the roof.
I love the entrance on this house with the paneling and the windows on either side of the front door. I wish they’d done something else with the mailbox though!
This is the house that is in the park. Unfortunately, it’s all but abandoned. The city has a program where you can become a guardian of some of their properties, and this would be a perfect place for someone.
I love how the shed out back echoes the main house.
The garage has a cupola like the main house.
I love discovering new places in Baltimore. I thought I’d seen them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment