Friday, March 4, 2011

PINK GAGA! Born This Way

More pink hair! Since you guys were so responsive to my pink hair trend (click here) and having said it's been seen everywhere lately, here's another magazine featuring Lady Gaga on Vogue's March cover. She actually looks very high fashion considering what her usual alien looks are. Where's the most recent place you've seen this pink hair craze? I'll leave you with Gaga's latest video for her new song Born This Way if you haven't seen it yet. Now I love the wackadoodle chick that she is and anyone who may be from another planet is okay with me but I think she swiped that whole birth scene from Madonna or at least  inspired by it in some way. If you know more about Madonna than you humanly should such as myself (and assuming Gaga had Madonna probed already) then you know that Madonna is a huge fan of Frida Kahlo's "My Birth" painting (as am I-seriously not stalking you Madge) as well as having talked about it in numerous interviews stating if you want to understand her you need to understand that painting or you can't be her friend. Oh Madge your a darling that's why we love you but watch your back cause Gaga is after your life. Madge is nervously sitting at home  humming her tune "She's Not Me" to herself. Your right about that, Gaga is no Madonna yet talented in her own right  and if she could just be a little more creative and trail blaze into another direction rather than  pretending to me Madonna. Your blind if you don't see what's going on here.  Imitation may be a form of flattery but it's so tres gauche as the novelty wears off quickly. In all fairness Madonna has done the same with old Hollywood icons and so forth. Why am I typing all this up, do I really care? No, it's Friday and I'm in love...or bored or in love with being bored or bored with being in love. What? I don't know... Anyhoo, back to the video: a slight warning: if you have a repulsion to the female genitalia being used in any way shape or form artistically then cover your eyes for Gaga's creepy birth scene during the intro which segues into the video. Toodles~ have a great weekend and remember to ThInk pInK! Stay beautiful! XOXO
Vogue March issue on newsstands now 


No comments:

Post a Comment