As you may have realized, I adore my friend David, and think he’s one of the most talented people I know. I love that we’ve gotten to be great friends over the past years. This coming weekend, David’s extraordinary house is going to be one of the homes on the Maryland House and Garden Pilgrimage on Sunday, May 1. For more than 80 years, MHGP has showcased some of the most incredible private homes in Maryland, and each year, they focus on several different areas of the state.
This year, a number of homes in Baltimore’s historic Mount Vernon neighbourhood will be open for viewing by the pilgrims. Here’s what they have to say about Mount Vernon:
This neighborhood, once home to the region’s wealthiest families, is named for the Washington Monument, a large pillar commemorating George Washington, and its four flanking formal parks.
The District is still home to many important cultural institutions such as the Walters Art Gallery and the Peabody Institute, as well as innumerable art galleries, craft workshops, studios and community theaters.
David’s house is filled with amazing furniture and finishes. Many pieces of the furniture are prototypes for pieces which David later put into production. This amazing piece filled with china he’s collected over the years, is in his kitchen. Here’s another look at the kitchen and you can just see the cabinet on the left.
His living room is something that I aspire to… cool and elegant with spectacular pieces and long tall windows.
David loves a good Moroccan influence, as evidenced by his legendary Arabian Nights party, and this spectacular lamp, which he designed and made.
I’ll be a tour guide at David’s house on the early shift, so be sure to say hi!
Tickets are available for purchase here and are $30 per person. I’d pay $30 for a tour of David’s house!
No comments:
Post a Comment