Whew! I finally finished the slipcover for my sofa this afternoon. It was a much more daunting endeavour than I thought it would be! The sofa measures 78 inches long and 38 inches deep, so there’s a lot to cover!I ended up making a knife pleat sort of ruffle, because I just couldn’t figure out how to figure out how many box pleats I’d need to make a center pleat and then ones on each corner.
For the back, I overlapped two flaps and will put old mother-of-pearl buttons along the seam. I think that will give it a nice finish.
I swapped out the back pillows for some new down ones, and they seem to be working well.Although this was a lot of work – about 25+ hours total – I am glad I did it, because now I know that I can!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out what’s on offer over at Atelier Pigtown! I’ve added a link on the right sidebar so you can check out what’s new at the shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment