Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I am in the Wrong Business!

I do love One King’s Lane, but every so often, their offerings just make me shake my head in wonderment… or horror!

For example, let’s look at this listing from their Tastemaker’s Tag Sale… It’s a jar of old wooden spools. Why yes, there is some lovely stripey string around the top of the jar, but is it really worth this price?  OKL 1Or how about these two ratty old French books, tied together with about 50¢ worth of grosgrain ribbon. I could just hustle up to the Book Thing and pick up some of these and charge this price!OKL 2But wait, I could be really clever and add an old measuring tape. I know I’ve got one or two around here somewhere…  And these don’t even have to be French books!OKL 3Oh dear, I think someone ought to tell these people that this is really a toast rack! Of course, I use mine to sort letters, but it’s really for toast. OKL 4Now, I don’t mean to be totally snarky, but these prices are pretty outlandish for what you’re getting. Or maybe I am just frugal, and clever enough to either make these pieces, or find and sell them for a song!

No comments:

Post a Comment