Finally this jar of eye cream I have been testing out has been emptied and done with and it couldn't have happened soon enough because it stung my eyes like crazy. I would have stopped using this sooner but needed to stick with this till the end as to write up a fair review. This Skyn Icelandic Relief Eye Cream was given to me by my mother to test because she knows I was desperately searching for a decent eye cream and she was able to get this on sale. It's funny because right after I started using this product Beauty Without Cruelty sent me a wonderful eye gel to try out, how serendipitous! It was very understanding of my contact from BWC to wait for this review to post before getting started on the eye gel so stay tuned for that review because I started using it this morning. Back to this product- some information from the manufacture below before posting my results:
Skyn Icelandic Relief Eye Cream:
This formula delivers immediate relief to delicate under-eye skin and diminishes the symptoms of chronic stress. Lightweight and easily absorbed, it combats deep lines, dark circles and puffiness that result from stress-related oxygen and nutrient depletion. Free from harsh chemicals, preservatives, parabens and sulfates, with packaging designed to be 90% recyclable. skyn ICELAND®, winner of the 2007 CEW Indie Beauty Award. Domestic. .49 oz.
Essential ingredients:
Essential ingredients:
- Vitamin K helps increase circulation and lighten dark circles.
- Rice peptides help destroy enzymes that break down skin's collagen and elastin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Orange peel helps reduce puffiness.
- Cotton powder helps fill fine lines and wrinkles and acts as a light-diffuser to brighten the entire eye area.
Application: Pat cream gently on under-eye area with fingertips. A slight cooling sensation is normal.
Pro: after absorption in a minute eye concealer can be applied without interference-lasts over a month-cruelty free-some moisture without greasinessCon: stings sensitive eyes-expensive-does not lighten dark circles-irritates allergic eyes and melts off if you start to tear up from the burning sensation-medicinal scent
My results: After reading the product description for this cream I was excited to start using this because I have been on the lookout for a decent eye cream after giving up my Olay serum. This product isn't for me, it's just to strong on my sensitive allergic eyes and I imagine it would also sting the eyes of those who don't have allergies as well. This is labeled as a cream but the consistency of this formula is actually almost like a whipped gel mousse. It's very light in weight and cool to the touch but with a stale medicinal scent to it. It goes on smooth enough and if you give it a minute it absorbs onto your skin and you can apply your concealer without interference. You don't feel a tight pull when applying the cream just a cool touch which burns really badly if it gets into your eyes. Even on days when it didn't rub into my eyes if I was cooking in the kitchen and moisture got around my face the product starts to melt off slipping into your eyes, it was brutal. So elemental environmental factors come into play, if it's windy or humid outdoors it could effect the reaction on your eyes in a negative way. The only reason I stuck with it for a little over a month was to give the cream a fair chance and see if it lightened the dark circles under my eyes. My dark circles are fairly light yet this product didn't do anything to lighten as promised. As for the puffiness, the first week my eyes woke up all puffed and irritated but after some time it subsided still it didn't completely stop the puffiness from showing up. I don't have deep set wrinkles so I can't say what it would do for anyone who does but it smoothed out my skin somewhat. The bottom line is that it's too irritating and ridiculously expensive to make me want to buy this not to mention it didn't do anything to lighten my dark circles which is what I'm really looking for in an eye cream. This product gets a 3 starfish rating from me for it's burning sensation, not lightening dark circles and it's high price. I didn't give this a lower rating because it might be better for people who have less sensitive non-allergic eye issues. I would skip this one. Stay tuned for my review for Beauty Without Cruelty Eye Gel. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Sephora $45 .5 ounce
1 OUT OF 5 STARS1 RATING=WORSE 5 RATING=BESTSHOWS RESULTS:: 1 starsFOR SENSITIVE SKIN USE:: 2 starsFORMULA:: 2 starsEASE OF USE:: 3 starsPRICE & VALUE:: 2 starsOVERALL PRODUCT:: 3 stars

No comments:
Post a Comment