When I saw this at Sephora listed at the price it was I jumped on it because months before this dollskin powder was listed as a Beauty Insiders Only item for $250 or something to that effect. I know! Over $200!!! All I remember is that it had the sparkly crystals on it and I was wondering what is this dollskin stuff? It must have been a preview promo like Sephora does sometimes with beauty Insider products and perhaps they wanted to see how much they could sell at that price. For the life of me I still don't understand where that price tag came in? But who cares, it's now available for purchase for normal people dollars. Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Powder Shade Peridot comes in eight exclusive shades, six of which are skin tones plus one translucent and one color correcting shade. I got the Peridot shade which is a green color correcting powder for fair skin to get rid of the redness or blotchiness sometimes associated with fairer complexions and since my skin sometimes gets ruddy especially around the nose this was something I wanted to try. I have color correcting powders from Guerlain purchased before going cruelty free which was another reason for getting this as to have a go to designer brand that is cruelty free. Tarina Tarantino offers gorgeous compacts that make you feel your not losing out on anything by skipping those department store brands that still animal test. I'm hoping they make one in a lavender shade (to combat sallow skin) as well because that's the one I use from a past Guerlain collection and would love to replace it. It was hard to decide between getting this, a light shade or the translucent but because of the above mentioned reason Peridot was my choice. I'm eying the dollskin blushes from this collection as well and hope they don't sell out because the quality of Tarina Tarantino makeup is surprisingly great! Some product info listed below before posting my results:
Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Powder Sephora Exclusive Only!
What it is:
A micronized powder with a creamy cushiony application and a long-lasting finish.
What it does:
The Dollskin Powder contains a micronization process that allows for controlled, buildable coverage, which ranges from sheer to full. It glides on and smoothes out the skintone, producing a flawless, even-looking complexion.
What else you need to know:
The exterior has 36 hand placed crystal gems in a jewelry inspired collectible case. These products are not tested on animals.
Pro: lightweight-buildable coverage-smooth fine texture,long lasting-non oily-non cakey-cruelty free-range of many skin tones-gorgeous super large mirrored compact with crystals-collectors box-large fill weight of 10 grams-durable construction-gift ready
Con: may be too pricey for some- no refills offered-what to do with a pretty empty compact?-they could have offered more deeper tone shades for all women
My results: As I mentioned above the price tag and he curiosity of what this dollskin powder was what made me grab one before they sell out and I'm glad I did because it's a wonderful product. Keep in mind that I'm reviewing the Peridot shade which is a pale light green and meant for color correcting redness on fair to light yellow tone skin. If this shade is not for you don't worry because you can choose another shade while keeping my review for the powder texture and durability in mind. I'll start with the packaging first which is in a lovely pink box with the compact stuffed inside the usual pink tulle travel pouch as with every TT product, even her jewelry items come like this. The compact is pretty large at about 2.5 inches in a metallic silver colored oval shape with pink mirror-like inset loaded with 36 fun crystals trimmed all around. The material is not metal but really thick durable plastic. It's really femme femme! The compact is also very chunky not flat and you get 10 grams of powder which is a lot making the price tag worth it. I remember paying around $54 dollars for my Guerlain lavender powder at only 7 grams of weight and that powder formula isn't any better than this but about the same quality. Inside the compact is a large mirror and the sponge is sealed separately but you can squish it into the compact closing it inside.
VENUS TIPS:
For this Peridot shade use a thicker coarse haired blending or powder brush because a loose fluffier bristle hair brush will not allow you to blend this shade properly into your skin.
Blend! Blend! Blend! Blending is the key to achieving a flawless look with this particular shade. If you don't work the powder into your skin correctly then you will get a heavy set greenish look.
Natural lighting is necessary when applying this shade such as next to a window. You can build up the coverage you need while checking to see that your not over doing it.
Now as for the formula- it's listed as creamy so this might confuse some when they get it home and realize it's not creamy. What it says is creamy cushiony application which I believe they mean how the powder gives you a rich soft finish with coverage unlike some thin texture powders. It's very lightweight , blends easily and it's very buildable. You can go from sheer to more coverage without adding that caked look to your face. This green powder is not green at all on your skin but you have to blend it in well and build your layers little by little or it will add a heavy look to your face. The first time I tried it extra layers were blended on and since it wasn't showing up green I went powder happy. In the mirror I noticed how deep and heavy the color looked on me as if my foundation shade was off or something. I also made the mistake of applying this in my bedroom under those darn money saving new light bulbs which is a bad idea! Make sure you apply this shade under natural light such as next to your window sill. The next few times I got better at applying it and am in love with this. It kills the redness or ruddiness on my skin, evens out my tone, and gives me a decent finish. It's not a super miracle powder as the little pores weren't erased or anything but it did last all night without caking or without my face getting oily. Be careful not to apply on lines though with a heavy coverage because it will show as well as blotchy skin that you haven't exfoliated.
I'm satisfied with the formula, packaging, end results and even the price tag considering high end department stores charge more for less weight. It's not some super miracle powder but it works just as good as those designer brands that aren't cruelty free with a lovely compact to boot! My only issue is that no refills are offered! It sucks to have a gorgeous compact that is going to be emptied out, what's the point? If your going to make something so beautiful that you would want to keep then offer a refill! For this reason I'm giving it a 4.5 starfish rating instead of five because it seems wasteful to me. If you like translucent as well as your skin tone then your only worry will be which shade to choose as for me I'm definitely gonna give the dollskin blushes a try next particularly the cool rose shade they have which looks lovely and I'm not even a powder blush fan. Go grab one girlies before they go. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Sephora Only! Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Powder $32 10 grams 8 shades
1 OUT OF 5 STARS1 RATING=WORSE 5 RATING=BESTPACKAGING:: 4.5 starsLONG LASTING:: 5 starsFORMULA:: 5 starsCOVERAGE:: 4.5 starsPRICE & VALUE:: 4.5 starsOVERALL PRODUCT:: 4.5 stars




No comments:
Post a Comment