Another shadow I recently purchased which I'm just now getting to review, Tarina Tarantino Tokyo Hardcore Eyeshadow from the Tokyo Hardcore Fashion Collection exclusively at Sephora. If you remember a while back when this collection originally debuted I purchased several of the rings and shadows from the Victorian, Punk, and Bibbucci set and have wanted to grab this shadow for the longest time. One reason for not jumping on this was being worried on how the color might show up on my skin and I guess it totally slipped my mind but when I saw this on sale at Sephora, grabbed it and love it! If you search the sidebar links you'll find the other reviews for the other colors. Some product info before posting my results:
Tokyo Hardcore Fashion Collection
"During my first trip to Japan, I found myself immersed in a futuristic culture of cuteness. This collection celebrates the "Hardcore" style of Tokyo and captures the striking neon color array of its marvelous skyline." -Tarina
What it is:
A collection by Tarina Tarantino featuring a chic gloss-containing cocktail ring, an exclusive pressed eyeshadow, and an ultra-light lip gloss, inspired by the Tokyo skyline.
What else you need to know:
This collection showcases high-tech Tokyo style, including hot, neon hues. These products are not tested on animals.
Pro: nicely pigmented,very silky & blendable,long lasting, exclusive fun mirror compact,cruelty free,a must for Tarina Tarantino collectors,beautiful presentation box and typical organza pouch,slight shimmer,durable hard plastic compact
Con: color may not be for everyone because it's very sheer but buildable
My results: First let me start with the actual color of this shadow because it appears neon in the photo which kept me from buying it in the first place but it's not neon at all. It's a very lovely pale shade of spring green with a sheer formula. I love how it works well with my hazel eyes and even us it as a highlighter because it's that light. The pigments are very silky and rich making it easy to work with and you can build the intensity of the green to a deep chartreuse adding more drama. I'm in love with this color and may actually try the gloss next as I need a replacement for my MAC Spring bean glass gloss. The color wears well on it's own but lasts longer with primer making it more crease resistant. This is a shimmery shade with hints of fine sparkle has absolutely no glitter chunks, it looks childish in print but it's a nice subtle shade for all ages. The only issue is that the color might wash out on tanned skin tones or it might not be a shade that everyone would enjoy. As for the packaging it's typical Tarina with a lovely presentation box and the compact has it's own organza pouch to carry in your bag. The actual mirrored hard plastic compact is about two inches or so with cute Japanica graphics, it's not a flimsy construction very durable. I would imagine you would have to like this shade to purchase it and it's a must for the Tarantino collectors. This get's a 5 starfish rating from me but then again I'm a nut for her cutesy designs. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Sephora On sale $10



No comments:
Post a Comment