Thursday, May 26, 2011

Floors and Zebras

I finally picked up my camera this afternoon and got the pictures of the floors in their “before” state. I think that once they’re sanded and stained, they will look great. I am pretty sure that they’re the original 1900-era floors because of the shrinkage of the wood.

This is the guest room floor.floors 003 This is the workroom/office floor.  Looks like someone was dragging furniture around!floors 004This is my bedroom floor. This floor is much darker than the other two floors.  Funnily, I think that all of the floors are different woods.floors 005

I took a break from meetings, signing more papers and packing to go to the Second Annual Trunk Show at McLain-Wiesand.  David’s staff used fabrics from the vendors - Donghia, Hines, Thibaut, Scalamandre, Schumacher and Zoffany – to make some fabulous fashions and put on a little fashion show (more when I get some pictures!).

One of the vendors, Scalamandre, had the MOST incredible tote bags, and I am giving one away to one of my readers. The bag has their iconic Zebra print and is made of a sturdy plastic/canvas material. Click the link for the story of the Zebra print. scalamandre 002It’s a bright lipstick red and has classic black and white zebra print sides. scalamandre 004  And you also get a great Scalamandre tape measure! scalamandre 003Just leave a comment mentioning your favourite Scalamandre print, and we’ll choose the winner on Monday, May 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment