Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Connor Comes Home

I picked Connor up at the Downtown Dog Resort & Spa yesterday afternoon and we headed uptown to our new house. He'd gotten a bath and was all soft and fluffy. It's sad to see how white his fur is getting, from the pale gold when he first came to me more than four years ago.

He was clutching his "new" pink pig. This is the successor pig to Army, the armless pink pig. When Connor is feeling stressed, he carries his pig around in his mouth and won't let go. So I made sure he had it at the kennel with him.

I let Connor into the house and he just stopped and looked around. The place is still a total mess, but the main pieces of furniture are all there. He went and sniffed the sofa, and then the chairs. We walked upstairs so he could see that my bed was there. All the while, he had the pink pig in a death grip in his mouth.

Mum came over last night with a picnic, including wine! I unpacked a few of my beautiful William Yeoward goblets and we toasted my first 24 hours at the house... and then she cracked the whip and we got to unpacking!  We took a nice walk through the new neighbourhood to explore a bit, although at 9:00 at night, you can't see too much.

I am at an internet cafe now, sucking down some iced coffee and checking e-mails. I hope to get the wifi hotspot in by this afternoon and re-connect.

Thanks so much for all of the great comments over the past few days, and as always, thanks for reading Pigtown*Design!

No comments:

Post a Comment