Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Everyday Minerals "Cypress" Pearl Loose Eye Shadow

gorgeous color and shimmer!




 light application but it's buildable to a more rich earthy green
 a light application only to show off the golden highlights



This review is for Everyday Minerals Loose Pearl Pigment Shade "Cypress" which is one of two loose eye colors sent to me from publicity, the second review is for a travel roller ball shadow next in line. If you missed my last reviews introducing you to Everyday Minerals- you can read them both here and here. It's a fabulous cosmetic company that sells cruelty free, all natural mineral makeup at affordable prices. This Cypress shade is outrageously gorgeous! It's such a rich pearly shade that can almost pass for two of my fave Urban Decay shadows being a cross between UD Smog and UD Stray Dog.  It comes up a little more green on the websites computer but is more like a taupe bronze with golden highlights and you guys know how much I drool over colors in the taupe family. The sparkle is outrageous! Ever since discovering this brand it's been torture trying to choose which shades to purchase because they have the largest assortment of fantastic mouth watering colors! Some information below before posting my results.

Cypress:
A pearly shimmery evergreen shade with earthy browns. Vegan, No animal testing, Natural minerals, No artificial ingredients or fillers. Paraben free. Fill weight 2.5 gram loose pigment


Pro: long lasting formula, rich pigments, cruelty free, affordable price, natural ingredients, vegan, assorted shades to choose from, spill proof container, non irritating formula, travel friendly

Con: the filter insert could be a little better to allow the pigment out more when your working fast, wouldn't mind a larger pot


My results: The shade sent to me-Cypress is part of the pearl collection-if pearls are not for you they have matte and shimmer shades available. I can't say enough about this color. It's gorgeous! It's listed as evergreen with earthy tones and in my opinion it's like a taupe-y bronze green with loads of golden highlights. The shimmer is ridiculous in here but it's not glittery to a tacky degree. It's super rich and if you like Urban Decay's Smog or Stray Dog this color can be likened to a combo of those two colors.

The formula: The pigments are very rich and fine with a long wear. I have had this on since this morning without any primer and it's still holding. I did swipe the lids of my eyes with some of my foundation first so if you use primer I'm sure you'll get even more wear out of this. The powder has a very light feel to it and not at all grainy or clumpy. It's very buildable- one or a couple swipes will give you more of a golden shimmer effect more applications will allow the deep bronze green to really show up. In the added swatch, I only did a very light dusting on my skin because I wanted to show the golden effect you get plus I didn't want it to look darker than it is but if you look at the first of my camera photo it's pretty much true to shade.

The packaging-this is packaged in a small little plastic pot with a sealed mini filter. The holes are so tiny I completely didn't see the filters and had a hard time removing the plastic top only to see them after! It's spill proof enough but wish they holes were larger so when your in a rush you can get more product out faster. Other than that it's an average fill weight for single eye shadows at 2.5 grams, travel friendly and it's clean enough to use with no mess.

I have never really been a fan of loose pigments because I thought they were hard to work with but I'm finding it's not the case and learning to experiment with them more. This brand is a new find for me but so far I'm in love with what I have seen and would definitely recommend everyone try the products out as there is something for everyone. I'm giving this loose pigment eye color a full five starfish rating for the formula, natural ingredients, cruelty free but most of all the price. The final Everyday Mineral Roller ball Shadow review is coming up nest. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability: Everyday Minerals "Cypress" Loose Pigment Shadow $7 2.5 grams


1 OUT OF 5 STARS
1 RATING=WORSE 5 RATING=BEST SUPER STAR=SUPER PRODUCT!
PACKAGING:: 4.5 stars
LONG LASTING:: 5 stars
PRODUCT WEIGHT:: 5 stars
FORMULA:: 5 stars
PRICE & VALUE:: 5 stars
OVERALL PRODUCT:: 5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment