Although I’ve just bought a wee century old farmhouse, I can’t resist this amazing place… mainly for its name: The Convent of the Order of the Poor Clares. It does make one wonder who all of the Clares are, and why they’re poor.
The fact that the convent is located in one of my favourite places – the Cotswolds – and close to two towns I adore – Cirencester and Cheltenham – only adds to its charm. The nuns have lived in this space since the 1700’s and the details are all period.
The place is massive: the main building is more than 33,000 square feet, and there are numerous out-buildings, including a four bedroom lodge.
I would, perhaps, remove the baptismal font, and the cross, and use this as a massive drawing room. And the old wood stairs… hundreds years of nuns walking up and down to prayers and matins have polished them to a fine sheen.
All of this, plus 26 acres of prime English country-side can be yours for £2.25 million or $3.65 million. More information here.
No comments:
Post a Comment