As you may know, we’ve been having brutally hot weather here in the mid-Atlantic, each day in the upper 90’s, with humidity to match. It’s bit cooler now, but the humidity is hovering at about 80%.
My new house sits in the Jones Falls Valley, and from the vantage point of my bed, I watched the most amazing storm roll across the valley last night. I didn’t have the foresight to grab my camera, as I was too busy trying to keep Connor from climbing onto my bed-side table and knocking the lamp over. The lightning was amazing, and I must have seen 20 or 30 bolts like this lighting up the sky to the west. This is over downtown Baltimore c/o the Baltimore Sun.
One of the casualties from the storm was having my internet knocked out for a few hours. But that gave me time to continue working on getting the house ready for Man o’Mode’s arrival later this afternoon. I need to get a bolt to assemble the bed, find the silk for the curtains and maybe put down a great old oriental rug that I have had for a while, but which doesn’t make the cut for the first floor.
Oh, and get rid of all of the boxes… to the basement for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment