I’ve gotten a number of requests about what’s happening with the house, and I am pleased to tell you that it’s coming along! Amazingly, I am starting my fourth week there, and it feels like home – except that I still don’t know where everything is.
The main room is shaping up well. My friends K+N gave me a round table, which will fill in the spot in the front corner very nicely. I threw a piece of Diamond-Baratta fabric on top of it for the moment, until I can decide on which fabrics to use for the skirt.
The ticky-tacky “chandelier” has got to go. As you can see, I klassed it up by putting hot pink sticky notes all over it, so people (me) don’t bash their heads on it. It’s got a load of sharp corners and I just can’t stand the sight of blood.
The seating arrangement works pretty well, and the two slipper chairs I bought at auction are super comfortable. Even though the ottomans are the same height, it works to put your feet on them and have sort of a chaise longue.
I’ve used the little drop leaf dining table a few times, and with the folding chairs I bought, it works pretty well to have three or four people at the table. I still haven’t decided on a final fabric, and I still haven’t painted the other three chairs in the set of four.
I whipped up some curtains for the first-floor loo in Schumacher’s Fireworks in mandarin. They’re perfect for the space and when the morning light hits them, they look great. The fabric is a great linen/cotton blend. Connor seems to be settling in, but with the 4th of July this coming weekend, it remains to be seen how he’ll handle the fireworks. He’s become very attached to his babies and carries one or more with him everywhere.
I am keeping lists of the things I need to do, and there’s a great deal of satisfaction derived from checking things off of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment