Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kat Von D Tatttoo Chronicles Palette Loot 2

 It's a book...
with poetic illustrated writing...
no, it's a palette!
three different primers
lush lashes 
with a secret compartment underneath with 2 roller ball perfumes...
sinner and saint roller ball perfumes
 yet another secret keepsake compartment within a compartment... 
for poison perhaps...how mysterious

swatches-colors more vibrant & stunning in person
label with colors in back of packaging
click all photos to enlarge

Today's review is my holiday loot part deux which is a lovely gift given to me Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Palette Volume One. This means a volume two is on it's way? I honestly have to say when this first came out it didn't impress me that much so I wasn't really antsy for it but having it in my hands it's fabulous! I had no idea it was this beautiful and packed with loads of stuff! I do have to mention most of the shades are somewhat dupes of Urban Decay with slight differentiation and not as boldly pigmented as the Urban Decay formula but they are just as nice. From an artistic & collectors viewpoint it's a definite must have for the lover of all things gothic-y, mysterious & romantic. They get five stars***** for packaging & presentation. What kills me is that years ago I dreamed up a palette with hidden compartments such as this along with a two sided perfume bottle, Oh! craps, they beat me to it... Where do I start with this lovely? Packaging first: It's a decent weight cardboard constructed hollowed out book maybe 7x5 inches +2 inches thick in the color red with gilded gold script printed everywhere on and inside the book. The top is stamped Venusta Impetus perhaps inspired by the Roman Lady Venusta, meaning forceful or attacking charm or assaulting in a charmingly way? When you open up the case it unfolds as an actual book with several pages of beautiful gilded script writings & illistrations by Kat Von D herself which finally opens into the palette with a full page mirror on the opposite side. The palette is jam packed with three different rows of three family shades of pigments allowing you to achieve a natural, cool tone romantic and smoky eye look. Each row is also accompanied by it's own different color primer tube  (3 in all) that meshes effortlessly with each look. The weight and size of the pigments and primer tubes are really small but still allows you to create various looks. On top of the page you also get a nice pair of lush falsie lashes minus the glue, they could have at least added a small glue tube. Underneath the palette is a secret compartment with two rollerball perfume of Sinner & Saint. I was already familiar with these two as I purchased the Kat Von Dee metallic flower ring with both perfume solids last year. The scents are very rich with Sinner (the red one) being slightly spicier than Saint which is more powdery. I didn't purchase the full bottles because I thought it was expensive and the lasting power is not that potent. Also Sinner reminds me of my absolute fave Lolita Lempicka because of this hint of anise which is my favorite scent. What I love about the rollerball is that there a nice size with a decent amount of perfume plus you get both scents but what I hate is that they leak. When you uncap them the liquid just trickles all over my hands. So annoying! I'm afraid it's going to evaporate faster because of this. They could have made the rollerball better. Underneath the rollerball is yet another secret lining which is the bottom of the book with a lovely writing from Kat Von Dee which allows you to store little notes, jewelry, cash or whatever poison you prefer. All in all this is a wonderful value and I enjoyed reading the lovely notes. If you take time out to actual read the pages it's quite beautiful. So so so glad it was given to me because it wouldn't have made it into my collection otherwise and now I'll be on the lookout for her volume two in the future. Do you want to laugh? I never really was drawn to Kat Von Dee and her cosmetics because some stupid idiot recently informed me of some silly gossip (all gossip I hope) and frankly whether this is true or not I did not want to spend on this purchase. Gossip is poison...right? Anyone have this? On another side note my giveaway is still being pushed back because of a snafu with the post office sending my package of goodies to another state! I have to wait for the sender to re-ship to me. I apologize so please please be patient, I promise it's worth the wait! Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability:Sephora $55 (just checked site & it's on sale!)

No comments:

Post a Comment