Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CoverGirl Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush


royal plum #220

Here's my review for Covergirls Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush with Olay.This blush is all about highlighting your cheekbones with a hint of sheer color in a carefree glide on your skin cream formula.It's listed as a cream blush but I think it feels like a cross between a cream and a very thin cool to the touch gel substance.I say this because when I think of cream formulas I think moist & thick which is not the case here.The viscosity of this blush has a thinness to the touch.Very lightweight and modern not like cream blushes of days of yore-Lol! You know those cream blushes I'm talking about-the ones in those old pans that were disgustingly gooey and pasty and would leave stains on your cheeks well after washing your face.The shade that I received to sample is Royal Plum #220 and it appears to be very dark in the pan but it's quite sheer.I would want to use this shade in the winter time when going for a ethereal Snow White look-very natural-very flushed & rosy cheeked.I have very pale skin and it works quite well on my tone.It's subtle giving me a nice warm glow without making me look like I was hit in the face with a bag of bricks.I was nicely surprised because when I put the package in my hand the first time I was thinking no way-this is too dark! In the photo I swatched I purposely did not blend the blush into my skin because I just wanted you guys to get a sense of the color but it disappears more when you blend it into your cheekbones.If you have light skin you'll get a nice warm cast with this shade and if your skin is darker you will get a more of lighter glow but it should work nicely for all tones as a highlighter.And of course it has Olay anti-aging serum in the formula which is clinically proven to improve skin condition in just four weeks and to reduce signs of facial skin sensitivity.The formula also promotes collagen generation and strengthens the moisture barrier.I have sensitive skin and found no breakouts or irritations occurring.Simply Ageless blush is also dermatological tested,fragrance and oil free.Covergirl makeup artist recommend you apply the blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend seamlessly for well defined cheekbones.The price is also fabulous because it's a great quality without the department store brands so every woman can afford to look good.I was really happy with this product and I usually am not a blush person-the only real blushes I use are Tarte Blush Sticks or Urban Decay Cool Shimmer Sticks.I'm also a fanatic of pearl or golden highlighters more than blush but this is so natural it's great to have when you want a more sophisticated look with a glow minus the sheen or iridescent flecks.And while I found this product not exactly similar to the higher end brands for other reasons other than it's formula,it was still comparable to them without having the $20 to $30 price tags.A great item to have as a cosmetic staple when you want to achieve a natural look! I recommend you try this not just for the color but for it's great benefit to your skin-Anything Olay Serum rocks! If I could drink Olay Regenerist by the gallons I would :)
Availability:Mass Retail Outlets $10.99 +
Plush Peach
Rich Cinnamon
Royal Plum
Lush Berry


No comments:

Post a Comment