Thursday, July 22, 2010

Me-Me-Media

I had an interesting adventure this morning when I was asked to go to our local public radio station to do a remote interview for the business and finance radio show, Marketplace. It was fascinating to be able to see some of the inner workings of a radio station.

I had huge headphones on princess leia and felt like I was speaking into a giant allium flower.Allium_Globemaster The interview was about the profusion of vicious anonymous commenters on blogs, and how to handle it. I am very fortunate to have a commenting community which is polite and respectful. Although an occasional nasty comment slips in, I generally leave it because I feel that it reflects more poorly on the commenter than on me. And I never, ever moderate comments. The piece should air next week.

On Saturday, I am accompanying a reporter from the Baltimore Sun on a tour de vente de bric-à-brac (yardsales) for a story she’s doing on treasures you can find in the most unlikely places. American Junk I’ve always loved Mary Randolph Carter, aka Carter. She was my go-to gal when I was buying and selling several years ago. I always figured if it was good enough for Carter, it was good enough for me. If you don’t know Carter, you can get to know her a little bit here.

It’s supposed to be about 150F out on Saturday, so we’re heading out to treasure hunt at 7:30, armed with hats, cool clothes and plenty of bottled water, along with handfuls of $1 bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment