It's here! my Too Faced Naked Eye Soft & Sexy Palette has arrived! I also have a review for the previous Too Faced Natural Eye Palette-click here and Too Faced Smoky Eye Palette-click here.This new Naked Palette is much softer in tone than the Natural with more nude tones rather than pinks,less brown shades and less glittery shadows.Plus this kit includes a steel gray shimmer which I think is better than all the browns in the last set.The creamy highlighter in this kit is more white based than in the natural kit which was more yellow hued.Also this taupe-Like A Virgin shade-is more intense than in the natural kit.I gather the purpose Too Faced had for releasing these shades are for achieving a more softer focus eye.The palette dimensions are the same as the other two kits(about 5 inches)-so are the three instructional flash cards with step by step directions and finally a pull out draw with a dual-ended brush-smudger.They should of at least added a mirror because it would be nice to have one since this palette is so portable you expect a mirror to work with.The formula for the shadows are decently pigmented but have a sheerness to them.I tried to swatch them but my skin is so fair it didn't hold up to the camera flash.It's nice if you want to control the intensity of your look and I find that I needed a few extra swipes of color.You really need to wear a primer underneath as well and Too Faced makes a great one called Shadow Insurance Primer that amplifies the color shade which would work well in this kit because the pigments are a bit sheer.If you are a nude-taupe fanatic as myself then you definitely want to add this to your collection.It is a bit high priced for a kit that could have had a few minor improvements such as a mirror,larger pans of shadows-they are really small and maybe adding a mini primer to the kit but it's a nice travel friendly box which is heavily constructed and has cards to guide you.I guess it depends on how fanatic you are about collecting eye palettes.Of the two palettes I like these shades more than in the Natural kit-and I seriously loved and raved about that palette when it came out- but either one is fine and you should have at least one of these. I don't think they are nowhere near as great as the Urban Decay Naked Palette and I can't wait to review that palette when it gets here.Urban Decay shadows are way richer in pigmentation and longer lasting.But it's a nice set and packaged in a lovely outer box which makes it great for gift giving.
Availability: Sephora $35
Shades include: In The Buff (matte ivory), Pillow Talk (light taupe sheen), Like A Virgin (matte taupe), Birthday Suit (beige shimmer), Satin Sheets (golden champagne shimmer), Unmentionables (steel gray shimmer), Pink Cheeks (pale pink), Lap Dance (silvery taupe shimmer), and Stiletto (matte black).
No comments:
Post a Comment