Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Too Darn Hot!

Seriously, it got up to 104F today, but my car thermometer said 106F. Ugh.  It is too hard to do anything other than sit inside in the air conditioning. I can not even imagine not having air conditioning or working outside in this kind of weather.

I remember going to Tucson one year for a wedding in August and it was 114 when we got off the plane. I totally freaked out at the thought of it, but as they say, it’s a dry heat and that makes every bit of difference.  Also, in the desert, it really cools off at night. As I sit here and type at 10:55 p.m., it is still 91F outside!

Here’s singer Stacey Kent singing Cole Porter’s classic tune, “Too Darn Hot”. The lyrics are wonderful and her rendition of the song is marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment