Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Couture Nails:Ruffian Manicure





Why is it that Vogue Italia always has the best fashion editorials or Europe in general for that matter? There's always that something "extra" in the creativity department.Maybe I should try my luck and move to Italy for awhile-enough of my random babbles-let's get to the story.I'm sooo late on this because of having a million and one things to do and post about but I just had to post this trend.In a sort of recent Vogue Italia article the top stylists are declaring the new trends in manicures-the Ruffian manicure is all about less square shaped and never too long.I completely agree with the never too long nails because I gave up growing my nails dragon style since I was a teenager and let's face it when your a teen anything looks fashionable on you plus you can get away with everything.I'm reluctant about the no square shape because that's just the way my nails naturally grow but I'll give it a try. Maybe give myself Ri-Ri nails-see below photo:

The girls fashion sense is off but she is fierce & so are those pointy nails. While proving my point that youth can get away with pulling off anything-you go girl!

Now back to the Ruffian manicure.The first photo of the Blue Moon manicure was featured on the Ruffian Fall 2010 Runway Show and is an eclipsed moon manicure which has it's roots in the 1940's.In this top image the moon has been flipped giving it the "eclipse" style.Ruffian is not the only or first to start this trend but they are leading the pack with innovative designs and color combination's.The gold mixed with that gorgeous blue is to die for! I MUST try this-right after I get my nails to grow a bit longer.The second photo of the Red Ruffian manicure was featured on the runway for Christian Dior Spring 2010.The other two photos from Vogue Italia feature Sasha Pivovarova sporting the manicure-you need to look closely.I found a great blog that has an easy guide on how to get a Ruffian Manicure-it's Lacquerized-check out this awesome blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment