Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flowers on Sunday and Cornering the Market + Two More

More flowers from the market this morning. I really enjoyed the bounty of flowers I got last week from my friends, but I am back to the fun sunflowers. This week, it’s the “Teddy Bear” variety, which are all petals and no seeds. 8-28 028 The nicest thing about buying these flowers this morning, aside from supporting a local farmer, was the charming young salesman.8-28 027

I was reading the new issue of Martha Stewart Living and saw that the reason that I am having a hard time acquiring any more of my favourite French Ivory cutlery in the US, is that she’s apparently cornering the market on it!8-28 030 In the description she mentions the French Ivory cutlery that she uses every day.  I notice that she doesn’t have any spoons, unlike me! Actually, there is some of the French Ivory cutlery in my Etsy shop, and more will be up later this week. Maybe Martha will buy some!

My friend Flip, about whom I wrote about here and here, has entered her house into the CBS/The Selby contest. Please take a moment to check out her submission here, and please vote for her house!IMG_5277

Lastly, the article about my yard sale adventure has gone into syndication around the country as part of Tribune Media. I got a link this afternoon from the Philadelphia Inquirer, and had the funniest comment!Inky comments Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment