Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pupa Luminys Baked Double Use Eye Shadow

Blue Shade #11 Green Shade #15 

I just finished the review for Pupa Luminys Baked Double Use Eye Shadow singles which were purchased from Italy and gifted to me for my birthday.Pupa is a long standing famous Italian brand cosmetic company that I'm extremely familiar with as I used to purchase Pupa products since my childhood when living in Italy.They started out with more cutesy girlish makeup sets and have grown over the years to provide more stylish and innovative products.But before I get to the review I have to mention the size of this 2.2 gram compact which is almost 2.5 inches in length and the shade pan itself is 1.5 inches with a raised dome shadow that is completely filled to the bottom.There is a lot of powder in here so it's worth the higher price.This is a double use product which means it can be used wet or dry so you can control the intensity.Used dry, it's delicate and luminous-used wet, it's intense and pearly.Innovative oven-baking technology releases all the properties of the colour to make it even more sparkling and luminous and ensure maximum, long-lasting hold when applied.The shades I received were in the oceanic color family of bright blue #11 and pale green #15. No names are given for the shades just those numbers.They aren't sold here in the US but you can find Pupa worldwide in Italy,England,Canada,Asia and Europe. That's totally unfair! I can't find any Kiko Cosmetics over here either.If I need a Pupa fix I have to either travel there or ask  Italian friends & family to be my cosmetic mules and have them smuggle the stuff into New York for me. Lol! Sometimes I find websites that will ship here but the costs are outrageous.The actual shadows are gorgeous! They have luminescent pearl swirls in the formula that appear to be silvery in color.Their highly pigmented shadows,very rich and silky making them easy to blend & work with.These don't contain any glitter in them only a high impact sheen that lights up your lids and I mention this because the flash of my camera might have made them look glittery.I used them both wet and dry without a primer and they stayed on a long time although when applied wet the shade wore longer and with more of a deeper intensity.When applied dry the color is very sheer and subtle but can be built up to a deeper tone with more application,it all depends on what look your going for.There hypoallergenic and opthamologically tested which is great because I didn't experience any eye irritations.I think these are fabulous not only for it's rich pigments but for the amount of product and a stylish sleek compact.The little curved brush is no good but I have never found any compact brush to be worth much so your going to have to use your own pro applicators.The packaging is a very modern clear lucite  like with a frosted trim being very huge in size.You Euro girls are lucky to have this brand so easily accessible and if you don't know what stores carry them just click on the site link and find  the location for your country.Now I need to get the rest of the shades in this collection so I'm gonna scoure the web for them.If you use Pupa feel free to comment on what you think about them. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability:Pupa:11.39€ about $14- check site for locations

No comments:

Post a Comment