Even though we’re in the depths of summer, I am having two dog nights. The expressions comes from Australian Aboriginal people who used to snuggle up with their dogs to keep warm in the desert nights. The colder the night, the more dogs you had. So a Three Dog Night was really cold.Halas and Connor are having a great time, and we had a field trial of the most amazing thing ever invented – the Furminator! I am reviewing if for the Baltimore Sun, and I am giving it eight paws up: four from each dog!
When I moved back to the States and considered getting another dog (my last dog was Frank, and this was a few days before he died!),I SWORE I would not get a) another big dog, and b) another yellow dog). So, what do I end up with? A 65 lb. yellow lab who sheds like you would not believe! I could knit another whole dog from the fur I comb off of him! This is just one swipe of the comb!
With Frank and now Connor, I had a whole basket of curry combs, shedding blades, rubber fingers, and combs to help keep their fur under control. Now that I have the Furminator, I am loving it, and so is Connor. A lot of the other utensils hurt the dog, but Furminator doesn’t. In fact, he just sits patiently while I comb him.
When you see the Furminator video (this isn’t the official one), you think that it’s total crap, but it’s not. It gets all of the undercoat, which is especially important in a Lab like Connor who’s got that double coat of fur. When we Furminate, it’s like a little blizzard of yellow/white fur tumbleweeds.
Even Halas, who looks like a chocolate Lab, but is really a Greyhound/Airedale/German Shorthair Pointer mix, benefits from a couple of swipes from the Furminator. I figure that all of the fur that’s rolling down the road is fur that isn’t in my house. And that’s a good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment