Thursday, October 7, 2010

Color Tights & Shoe ComboTrend-Hit or Miss?

So I just got my November issue of Lucky magazine and they had a fun little trend alert on colorful tights and shoes combination ripped straight off the runway with ideas on how to get the look for less and thought it would make for a great post in this blogs girl talk forum as Ive neglected adding topics in that section lately.  I've never been big on really bright tights paired with different color shoes because sheer black or nude hosiery with matching shoes are my go to essentials. The combination that hurts my eyes the most is that mod look of white tights and black shoes or black shoes and white tights. It's a peeve on my visual sensibilities. Now I have lots of fun tights in plaids and prints but I prefer to wear them with high boots or under shorts. While this look is beautifully inspiring on model legs stomping the cat walk it really doesn't work for everyone. I see women on the streets who are short wearing hot pink tights and green shoes or something like that with over sized skirts and I'm sorry fashionable or not it doesn't look right. In some cases I find this combination really nice such as tights and shoes which aren't the same shade but rather tonal. Perhaps cream shoes and white tights or something to that effect. Although I have to say I'm loving the red tights with red shoes in the photos above as well as the mustard tights and Chloe black wooden platform shoes. The pink tights and the green shoes-ummm not so much. Now if your in your teens or have six feet legs you probably could pull any look off regardless but for those who are not do you guys find this combo do-able? Or am I the only one who finds this look iffy? I seriously would like to know everyone's opinions on this as I have always seen this look on the streets for years coming and going on the trend board periodically and wondering why? So Yay or Nay on this trend and why?  Discuss ladies...  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment