Friday, October 22, 2010

My Tucker For Target Haul

above ad images of the 3 Tucker dresses I purchased
signature floral print dress un-belted size s ( sizes run big!)
the waist sash allows to adjust for a better snug fit 
as you can see it's a small 4 to 6  but loose enough to fit 8
Tucker IKAT Diamond Pattern Dress (also small but loose)
Tucker Lawn Bird Dress

I finally was able to add photos of my recent Tucker For Target haul. As you recall I posted about the collection when it had just hit the stores link here. Well someone asked me what my purchases in the collection were so here they are. I purchased the Signature Floral Print Dress which looks great as a duster the way it was featured in the ad above. And I purchased the IKAT Diamond Pattern Dress and the Purple Lawn Bird Dress. My favorite of the three is the IKAT because of the design.The most significant quality of this collection was the sizing which is junior and runs really big. As you can tell from the photos above how loose the dress's are un-belted and there all in a size small. The size small is meant to fit a size 4 to 6 but a size 8 can fit it this snugly with some wiggle room. I checked reviews on how the sizing was for others and most everyone said the same thing. Actually I'm glad the sizing was made for juniors because I'm not that tall and always lurking around the junior department in stores (hey no one knows my age) because the clothes fit me better due to the shorter inseam. If the Tucker collection was made for women sizes they would be super ginormous! I have to say the quality of the garments is not that bad considering but it certainly isn't luxe either. The fabrics are lightweight polyester which is good for the winter because it keeps you warm and polyester travels well. You hardly get any wrinkles so you can just bunch it up in a bag if you have too. And for $39.99 you can't expect high end garments right? A cute little detail not visible from the photos is that the name Tucker is stamped on every button which is a fun. All the dresses have no lining in them and I am undecided if that's a plus or a minus yet. I guess it's also great to have some items in a collection from a designer who's dresses usually run around 400 Euros. So you have bragging rights of a sort for owning a few Tucker labels. With the economy being the way it is and woman still want to shop, this collection is perfect for the Recessionista Chic. I'm wondering what Anna Wintour would think about all these designer For Target labels?  Does she secretly own some? Ha! dream on girlies...you know her closet is packed with Versace. Myself, I never thought Target clothes would be hanging on my closet, not that I'm rich & snooty or anything but it always seemed to me that designers were taking advantage of women who couldn't possibly afford high end brands by passing off cheapie stuff as good clothes. It's not always the case as Target has some cute & decent finds. Anna Wintour be damned I'm going back for more Target! Back to Tucker... My photos make the garments look a tiddlywink dowdy but with the right accessories and shoes you can bring it to life. You have to have an inkling of taste for vintage-y patterns to feel some love for the collection. I think they have a hint of that seventies vibe with the loose sleeves, elasticized neckline & armbands and with the button down shirt detail. These dresses almost have that seventies librarian look while actually being more of a combination Bohemian Euro Chic. Gaby Basora who is Tuckers designer creates easy, mix n match ethereal clothes that have a wear-ability to them. You get the same feeling from the Tucker For Target set without having to pay the high price as the main label pieces. I want  to mention this little tidbit because think it's just so funny, the more I stare at that purple lawn bird dress in my closet the more I'm totally convinced my grandmother had a printed dress like it. Ha! It's obviously an updated style but just wanted to mention that this particular dressed stirred up a memory which is something the designer had mentioned about wanting her clothing feeling mysteriously familiar to her. These are definitely not going to be special occasion dresses but rather more for everyday dressing and the fun part will be putting together looks with different accessories or maybe even layering tops underneath turning them into dusters like in the photo. That signature floral dress would look great with a pair of vintage knee high cognac platform boots I'm going to swipe from my mothers closet soon as she probably wont miss them seeing they've been in her closet since 1978. All in all the collection has a variety of eclectic prints, easy maintenance all machine washable and at an affordable price point. If your still interested some pieces are still available in stores and online. Have a great weekend. Stay beautiful! XOXO
Availability:Target September 12 till October 17th Only  (some pieces still available)

No comments:

Post a Comment