I used to write a food blog, but I gave it up. And since I never cook, it was pretty comical for me to even have a food blog. But I do like to eat!
Tonight, for dinner I had something I call Rasta Pasta. It’s not a recipe, but a shape of pasta, which got me to thinking about all of the amazing shapes of pasta. When I was in Italy a few years ago, I saw shapes and sizes that I’d never seen in the States, and I brought a number of bags of pasta home. My Rasta Pasta is really fusilli col buco, which is a 16-inch long spiral shape, with a hole down the center, so it can cook evenly. (Click the picture below for the recipe)
My recipe is super simple: fusilli col buco pasta + a dab of very good butter + parmigiano reggiano, shaved on top with a Microplane grater + a sprinkle of good sea salt.
Damn! Looking at some of the recipes with the pictures of fusilli col buco, I might just have to start cooking. Too bad the recipe for this is in Italian! (Click the picture for the recipe.)
No comments:
Post a Comment