Up for review today is Hard Candy Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss Shade 335 Life Preserver. This was one of the products sent over to me from publicity at Hard Candy Cosmetics which is the the most prettiest natural shade ever. Some product info from the manufacture below:
Volumizing Serum-Fat Pout Lip Gloss:Plumping Serum lip gloss will give you the biggest, sexiest lips possible without a doctor's visit. Sheer color, outrageous shine.
Pro: super shine-sweet candy taste-gives your lips some pout-nice cooling sensation on contact-not sticky-cruelty free-12 beautiful shades-no stinging-fat size tube-fantabulous price point!
Con: staying power is good but could be improved
My results: Firstly, my own lips are very girly small so anything that can make them appear more luscious is a plus for me. I was really excited to try this when it came in the package-which by the way the actual lip gloss tube is so cute!-and the first thing I noticed when applying the gloss was this sweet vanilla like taste along with a nice tingling sensation. There is no harsh sting or irritations as with some other lip plumpers on the market so that was nice. This gloss is not sticky at all and it has decent staying power as I drank coffee and nibbled on some snacks afterward noticing the gloss was still on but it does fade throughout the day so you may need to reapply it but most gloss is like this plus your lips remain nice and soft even when the gloss dissipates. The shine is super incredible and with this particular shade that I tested it has the most beautiful natural looking color. This formula also has some sparkle to it but it's so subtle you catch it only in the light-it's not tacky glitter but rather very fine sparkle with a pink-purplish shift to it. As you can see in the photo (Yes finally-I added my first lippy photo! yes my baby lips got some pout....) I got a nice natural looking lip with some pout to it not much but decently plump. This is not going to add super plump to your lips so don't expect to look like Angelina Jolie but it does fill out the lines nicely. I haven't tried on another product yet but I imagine it would be more dramatic applied over lipstick. It get's a 4.5 starfish rating along with my recommendation for a great fun product that's cruelty free and super affordable! My only gripe would be for it to have more staying power. Stay beautiful! XOXO.
Availability: Walmart $4.68 2.7 gram tube


No comments:
Post a Comment